SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
I joined the forum yesterday. I am not new to slots, had a Strombecker set in my early twenties. I'm retired and have a little more time for my hobbies. motor sports photography, Harley Davidsons, R/C planes, boats and tanks. Now that we will be having a grand prix track not too far away in Austin,TX. I would like to build a track as close as possible to the real one. I am open for all suggestions as to which brand, analog or digital in 1/32 scale.
Thanks guys
Harleridr

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
Be prepared to be bombarded with suggestions. Nothing this mob like better than the chance to offer an opinion.

Enjoy. And once again, welcome.

Embs

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
Fairy Nuff. It does have some good points if you've got the room. I'm a Scaley Sport gal myself (track link below). I simply don't have enough room for the expansive factor of Carrera.

Have a poke around the Tracks and Scenery area of the forum before you actually bite the bullet and place an order for track. Carrera don't have a really tight curve in their setup, which like everything is a good or bad point depending on who you're talking to. It goes along with the "Splitting Hairpins" argument. Some like 'em, some don't.

Anyway, as I said, rummage through the member tracks and have a look see what each system is capable of. Lots to see and consider there.

Embs

·
Martin De Ath
1,440 Posts
Hi there Harleridr... Welcome to the Forum..

Having over the years, built wooden tracks and many plastic track layouts of various makes, I personally prefer Carrera track, as it is quite a lot wider than some of the other plastic tracks (so 24th scale cars work Fine) and a lot more durable having stainless rails. Some clubs over here in the UK use it.
The only downside I have found, is that the plastic Carrera use, is less flexible than most of the other plastic tracks, so you have to be quite accurate with your track plans/layout, and as Ember has pointed out there are no small "tight" corners, so it does take up more room..
The only other way, is to build a wooden track to your own spec..

Each has its own for's and against's..

Have fun..

All the best.. Martin De'Ath.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts