SlotForum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I started about 9 months back by purchasing a scaley set for me and the kids to play around with. I grew up and had several HO sets and thought it would be great for my kids to enjoy it as well.... Now a few more sets and switching to digital and about 8 cars my wife calls me a crackhead. I am totally hooked and not just me. Have got about 7 buddies just as hooked as I am. We race every Saturday night and if we miss a week its like going through withdrawal.

Anyway, thanks to all who contribute to the forums. The amount of info I have got from them is priceless.

Chris

·
Circuit Owner
5,892 Posts
Welcome Chris,

Only 8 cars? You haven't even got started yet buddy!!!

Wait until you have 30 or 40 spread across 4 or 5 manufacturers, start making your own tyres and buy braid in 5 metre rolls. THEN you will be truly addicted.

You're only mildly obsessional at the moment

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Wait till someone breaks in and steal half of your cars. And you realise that those sixty cars was... half of them.

Welcome to a world of hurt, and ozone. And fun!

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
Greetings Chris,

Tell your Lady Fair that 8 cars is far from qualifying as an addiction. But keep practicing you will get there.
At least you've covered the first step of recovery and admitted that you have a problem. Most of us here are still in denial. I need 60 cars for two people to race. Really I do!

Embs

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Sound about right Ember.
My question there would be, how much racing is actually done and how much is discussions about cars you need to get to really make it worth it...? I ponder, said the goldfish, is the pond really worth a pound, or am I pounded now, or even pwnd?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha, Yeah my wife has already asked the question "How many cars do you need?" I replied "Ill let you know when I get there" I also told her at least ill be easy to shop for come birthdays and such.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
I got to 1680 cars in 20 years and stopped there

The collection has now been sold

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Ah! You discovered that 1/43 is a go nowadays?
So even if you sold all 1/24, 1/32, HO and what-not the balance is kept. Right?

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Now I collect no slotcars.

I just race HO

1 - 9 of 9 Posts