·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Track: Scalextric Sport Digital
Number and lenght of slots: 2 x 14,81m
Size of table: 12 x 5 feet

Hi,

after endless trackeditor-sessions, lots of reading countless threads und learning by getting your feedback I finally came up with the layout I will be building.

It is inspired by a much larger Carrera-Layout I found on a german slotracing forum. I made some changes to shrink it to my available space, mirrored it and build it with Scalextric trackpieces.

As far as I can say, a lot of your helpful hints and feedbacks went into it. I wanted a track that gives enough possibilitys to landscape it, it should be fun to drive and make the best of the available space. In my opinion, these wishes are fulfilled.

The name of the track is inspired by my passion for Great Britain and is the theme for the landscaping too. According to my limited space I won´t be able to rebuild the scottish highlands, but it´s the idea that counts. Rocks, cliffs, drystones walls, a little bit of water and plenty of green.

Your feedback is welcome. I will post pictures of the development.

Cheers

Markus

Attachments

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
It depends what you want. Somthing to think about. If you changed the flyover so the pit lane was on the bottom you could extend the pit lane round the corner. This would let you put in a pit in and pit out sensor and have a bit longer pit lane. This may be a compromise too much towards driving than scenic. Personally Pit Pro was a grest step forward in the raceing as it helped with fuel strategy. Other than that its a fast but interesting track, good combinations of corners, but no real hairpins to as they say, "sort the men from the boy's" ;-). Main thing is have fun.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@ UshCha
I forgot to mention that I do have Pit Pro and it will be installed with my layout. Refueling adds lot of fun and strategy to the game, you are right. Yes, there are no real hairpins in it. Most of the time I will be racing with ghost cars, and I fear that most of them will be deslotting (magless cars) by using too sharp curves.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I can just agree with MrFlippant. I think you got yourself a great layout there. I like it.
Think the north-west squeeze is enough for a track of this size. Since the track is still quite small, it´s gonna be a challange to find the right balance between acceleration and breaking anyway.

Looking forward to following your project.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Mars, could see you had Pit pro but with the pit exit sensor its even better. Hence why it may be woth considering a longer pit lane to get both in. Its only a suggestion. Me I find on a mucjhsmall track gost cars with mags will get round a hairpin. You still drive magless. Gost cars will never be as good as a human driver so they will need the edge even if you get as far as variable throttle pacers. They make excelent "traffic" but are no real theat without some kind os edge.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts