SlotForum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Alan Tadd
4,039 Posts
These look excellent Russell. Any idea about the running gear, chassis used?.

The steering front wheels look interesting.

Do you know if this is the first of a series?, as a grid of scale Can-Am cars at a fair price, in 1/32nd Scale would, I'm sure sell very well.

Is anyone in the UK going to stock these cars?.

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
199 Posts
QUOTE (bastumannen @ 24 Aug 2004, 12:53)Looking good!
Now I'm glad I've withstood the temptation of buying those overscaled VanquishMG cars!
. Very keen to see a review of them though, or at least a chassis pic.
Yeah, me too. I think they look great. VMG´s look great too, but the off-scale puts me off

Lets have a review of these babies fast

Danny

·
Registered
265 Posts
I checked out one of these cars at sunday's racing at the Professor's. It was a good runner right out of the box!
The company is based in California and is known for their H.O. scale trains. This is their first foray into slot cars. I was told that they try to keep proper scale down to the height of the drivers! This is a a car driven by Dan Gurney, so being a tall guy, the driver in the car is actually taller! The car was pretty well detailed save a bit of roughness on the number as it bends under the body. Drive is sidewinder and pretty quick on the Professor's routed track. The guide is hooked by tie-rods to the front end for the steering and seemed to work well. Took a few decent crashes, too, and didn't break. To me that would be the weak point but it held. They are a bit on the steep side of price (near Fly) and I wonder about spares, especially the front end and guide. Overall a good first effort in a competitive field.
Cheers!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Sorry, Andy was unable to attend. Accepting the beer in his honor, is ME!

I do need to get a few of those, as my scratchbuilt project, hasn't gotten beyond the armchair.

Now if I can just get my Alfa T33 built before Fly!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Looks very good, and the inside is kept very simple (lot of place for weights....); so the ultimative question is: will they produce further CAN-AM slotcars ?????

Greetings from Switzerland
Zubi

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.