SlotForum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm Alan and I'm new to this forum ( I signed up in Jan but haven't really had a look round till now).

I've got some scalextric sport track and some really old classic scalextric and thought it was time to do something with them and always wanted to have a permanent scenic track with trees and spectators. Plus being a petrol head i get my very own racetrack, a scaled down one but my own!

Well my wife has said I can build a slot track in our garage and so that is what i am doing (she's good to me). I've part built a table and have started trying out different track layouts and spend an hour in the garage everynight. So far i am just playing with my sport track, but have got the convertor piece and hopefully when the table is finished this weekend i'll start working on my track. I'll stick on this forum photo's of my progress and i'll no doubt be asking for help and advise as i've never done anything like this before and I'm really looking forward to it.

If there's anything anyone needs to know just feel free to ask,

Cheers

Alan

·
Premium Member
11,082 Posts
Welcome Alan ........ sounds like you need to get your missus a nice, big box of choccies.

You will find lots of useful topics on this forum and without a doubt, plenty of help and suggestions. Just shout when you need some as someone, somewhere will know exactly where to find the info you will need.

All the best - Greg

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
David,

I saw something about that.
What is it? Osset's not far from where I am as i live to the north of doncaster and can easy get to wakey.

Alan

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Ey Up Alan,

Maybe your lovely wife might even let you have a pass to go to the Gainsborough Slotcar Club !!.

We meet every Thursday, and there are members who attend from Doncaster area.

Go to the club section of Slotforum and have a look at our website !!.

We are a friendly bunch, and you will get oodles of help and advice, plus fun racing.

VBR Chris A. ( Harworth ).

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the info, I think I might attend the swap meet and the wife has said I can go too and spend money which is a bonus

Also the Gainsborough slotcar club sounds interesting, but it's a bit of a trek from Askern, but i'm interested in popping down one thursday night.

Alan

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
QUOTE (Julian_Boolean @ 28 Jun 2011, 06:51) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think all of us happily married slotters have fantastic wives.
I don't.

I'll add to the above welcomes though. Lots to see and read and learn around here. Hours of reading.

Enjoy.
Embs

·
Administrator
10,174 Posts
QUOTE (lee.bes @ 28 Jun 2011, 19:11) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Wow....3 people in Doncaster with computers...how times are moving on!!!

War of the roses still going strong then

Alan, probably worth doing all the choccy thing as this hobby tends to end up stealing more than an hour a day. Oh and start stashing big lumps of cash so you can buy cars and kit without it being traced...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well been on the forum for over a year now and can say it's great for help and advise and it's great to see other peoples tracks. My track isn't finished yet but it's a slow build and i don't want to rush it as i'll not have anything to do. DOne some little bits to it and might add some pictures in my topic in the tracks section of the forum. Don't know where else to put this post so have added it on to here.

Anyway i'm a member of the NSCC and enjoy getting my journal every month but was wondering if there is anywhere else i can get advise from? I'm looking at clubs and the Gainsborough racing club is too far out to travel on a school night so was wondering if there was anything in Doncaster or Selby?

I know, or hope, i'll get a reply on some clubs and hoping there are some. If not would anyone in the dony area be interested uin starting something up?

·
Registered
455 Posts
If you are in the NSCC and even anybody who isn't ...get yourself to the swapmeet at Ossett on 15th of July . The details are in your journal and also on here in the NSCC club section . It will be a great chance to meet other members , buy , sell and swap slot stuff and there is even a Ltd Ed car to buy on the day
+ there should be some great home cooked food and snacks . Look forward to seeing you...

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Hi Alan,

Adding on to Bensonnuts comments, a swapmeet is a great place to go for a bargain, not only have we got the limited car for the event but it will also be the first opportunity to purchase this year's Club car, the Slot.it Lola with Paul Drayson (team owner) at the wheel.

The food is excellent by the way and home cooked by our own Mrs Chair!

Regards,

Jeznaylor

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Went to Ossett last year got some great bargains and advice and can highly reccomend it. Also ended up joining the NSCC but gutted as can't attend this year due to family commitments.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts