SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
So whatcha think of my plan? Any ideas?
Hi Dave....sounds like you've got a great plan! We are using the Slot Dragon timing system on our 1/32 scale 1,000 foot drag track and love it. In one race we even had identical ETs, right down to 1/1000 of a second. The entire track was cut from a single sheet of 3/4 inch, good one side, fir plywood, by ripping five pieces four inches wide, and the remaining into many pieces two inches wide. When assembled, we had five sections that when joined together, gave us a total length of fourty feet. We used four pin trailer connectors to couple the sections electrically.

For stopping the cars, we use reverse polarity of the conductors past the finish line, at reduced voltage. In most cases, the cars come to a stop before reaching the "catch basket", which is nothing more than a cardboard box, filled with cut up foam bits about the size of ice cubes! We've found this method to be very reliable and no harm comes to the cars. I'd be more than happy to answer any more specific questions on our track construction that you may have.

J.Bruce

·
Registered
37 Posts
We like the Slot Dragon a lot. It has never given us any trouble. We did have an issue when we first set up the track outside (it's too big for in the house), as the sensors were being fooled by sunlight. Relocating it to a shady spot solved that problem. Since then, it has been flawless and I would highly recommend it for your track.

J.Bruce

·
Registered
37 Posts
I didn't mention that the controllers we're using with our drag track are Koford model M673D. I did a mod to them to add a staging button. It has a resistor which reduces the voltage to the car, so that it can be rolled up to the starting line and light the 'staged' LEDs on the Slot Dragon Xmas tree. It makes it more like NHRA staging!

J.Bruce

1 - 3 of 3 Posts