SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im planning on building a dragstrip in the near future. Ive been looking at slotdragon timers. I am SYKED!!!! they make an all in one timer that does E.T MPH and Reaction time thats killer! Back when I was doing HO befor we wanted a timer that did reaction time etc... so bad, but you needed a computer and it was expensive the one we found. My crew was a bunch of dragracers to begin with all having had street/strip or drag cars at one time.
Anyways I will probably use Tomy track as I have a bunch of 15" straights.
I need it portable so I can tuck it against a wall when not in use.
My plan is to start off 1/8th mile. Im thinking of getting a 12ft 2x6 and scabbing 12ft 1x4s on each side, the last ft of shut down area(13th ft) would probably free float into a box or tote packed with pillows.....then I want to build(later on another one that I can butt against the end of the 1/8th mile and lock the tracks together for true 1/4mile(and move the end timer).
Paint it black and line the inside track walls(1x4s)with NHRA stickers(maybe AHRA?) and sponsor decals(Moroso Edelbrock Crane Isky etc...)
So whatcha think of my plan?? Any ideas?? Itll be a couple months befor I can get the timer but Im just planning....meanwhile I still need to finish debugging the road course.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like ya got a nice setup. How do you like the slotdragon setup. Does it ever give ya issues or are they pretty reliable?? Seems like a good product from what Ive heard so far.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice Ill look into those. Yea gotta have it life like.....havent decided if itll be NHRA or old school vintage AHRA yet......decisions...decisions;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts