SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
redstar
1,601 Posts
Hi

Here's 2 HO scale OK Kader sets from Hong Kong. The 1st & earlier set has a Stingray & an Aston Martin. These cars are unique to OK Kader. The track has a lap counter with a lighted start & finish sign which lights up on the 10tn lap.
I have 2 of these sets and I noticed the controllers were a little different. One set's controllers were shorter than the other, both say OK Kader on them.

The 2nd set was made later & is quite different. The set has 2 Corvettes which look like the Bachmann ones. But they are different. The body has lower sides on the gold OK Kader Corvette so it can snap on the chassis, while the blue Bachmann Corvette screws onto the chassis. The inside of the OK Kader Corvette is stamped 9154 & the Bachmann Corvette is stamped # 9114.

Now the chassis are totally different. The OK Kader Corvette has a swing arm, & there are a lot of other differences like the pickups as well. Of course Bachmann & OK Kader worked together at a later date after the 1st OK Kader set shown here. These sets don't come up very often; I think they are rather rare!

Enjoy these sets from my museum,
Bernard

]

·
re member
4,129 Posts
That is a sweet vintage set.
My first set was a Kader figure eight in 1/32 with two Cooper cars.
I quite swiftly destroyed/fixed the cars and moved on to a wooden track with scratchbuilt cars back in 1966/7

·
Registered
368 Posts
Interesting...

The OK Kader Corvette chassis with the swing arm above looks VERY similar to an old Bachmann
chassis that was never officially marketed back in the day, for fear of being chased by lawyers due
to the similarity with the then newly released Tyco Pro chassis...

(Note "Quality since 1833" on the set packaging above...
)

Here's some more info on these old Bachmann cars and chassis: Bachmann 1 and Bachmann 2.
It may also be interesting to take a look into the Tyco Pro Museum.
Also, member manitouguy on this site may have some info to add to this topic.

·
redstar
1,601 Posts
Hi,

Very interesting -- so i looked & found 2 Bachmann sets I had. The 1st is a rather rare set with a Howmet and Chaparral. Rather strange because it's a plastic set with a cardboard sleeve.

The 2nd set has no cars
but the instructions show the same chassis as the later OK Kader). I'm not sure, but I think both sets are rare.
Perhaps an expert could enlighten us.

Thanks,Bernard

·
Administrator
9,781 Posts
Wish I could enlighten you, but this is all fairly new to me Bernard!

I had never seen those later Bachman cars and they do seem similar to the TycoPro cars, but the swing arm - almost an iso - would seem to make them rather different.

The other odd thing is that the box on your first set looks oddly like the "mythical" GarVic HO set, shown in one period magazine, but that was probably never released... a very similar window box if I remember right, but will have to find that issue - unless you happen to have one of those sets!

Great stuff in any case.

Don

1 - 6 of 6 Posts