SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,

The Train Collectors Society Annual exhibition will be held at Sandy Upper School, Sandy, Bedfordshire, SG19 1BL, between 10.30 and 5pm on Saturday 2nd July.

Full details of the event can be found at: http://www.traincollectors.org.uk/sandy_show_report.htm

Directions can be found here: http://www.traincollectors.org.uk/sandy_directions.htm

My reason for mentioning it here is that together with some chums we are staging a layout called "HO slot cars (and some trains too!)". The layout will be very interactive, offering the public the chance to drive a train, or better still drive an HO Slot Car!

We will be running, Playcraft Highways, Aurora Model Motoring, Faller AMS, Tyco, Tyco US1 Trucking, Johnny Lightning, Bauer, Ideal, Tomy and Life-Like, and possibly other makes too. Our layout features automatic crossroads, automated level crossings and some plain circuits that are open to visitors to control

We have interface modules that allow us to switch control to the public via a Scalextric type hand throttle, or a railway controller, without fear of the car going into orbit, or the train being suddenly reversed (and crashed)! I am also delighted to be able to say that tonight I have tested our new half wave module that will allow two cars to be run under independent control on the same track. This feature was pioneered by Faller in the 1960s, but was a feature of the race and chase sets made by Ideal Toys in the 1980s. The public are invited to drive one car, whilst another is set off under our control.

If you are visiting, you may wish to bring your own cars to try out on the layout, but having a go at driving is compulsory!

Best wishes,
James Day, London NW11

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello Kev,

I promise that we will post some images after the event.

No, this layout will be Minic Free, as the Minic pick up system is alien to all other HO systems. I did exhibit Tri-ang Railways and Minic Motorways at train shows for many years, and included things like Automated level crossings, a Fire Engine with a Wrenn Horn unit and even a crossroads, but today the Minic scene is well catered for by folk such as Dave White, Dave Angell and Les Martin, all of who add their own very different ideas to their displays.

Best wishes,
James

1 - 4 of 4 Posts