SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of hoisting my table tennis table up into the beams on my garage to get the track out of the way so I can put my car away especially in the winter. Obviously my digital Scalextric track is on the table and I'd like to hoist it up so it's all level and safe.

Who has done this and what do you need or what is the best way of doing this?

I'll post a diagram of my plans.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
hy, try googling it. i saw one track that the guy hoisted to the ceiling in his front room. it was a big track, complete with scenery, buidings cliffs and a fly over. he,s gotta be single or have one very understandig wife. from what i remember it was a single rope hoist using pulleys on the ceiling and attached to six points on the track. john

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Hi Aidan,

Search for Fairways Racing Complex, both here on slotforum and via google. Gordon has a 12x8 track that hoists by hand winch. There is some info and pics on how he did it.
Ray

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Under the "Where do all the digital racers come from" thread a fellow has a link to a video of the ceiling mounted track in his house.

Check it out.
Cheers!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi Aidan
I have a pulley system consisting of 6 pulleys & a couple of boat rollers hitched up to a electric winch which lifts my track above the car
You can have a look under Barwon raceway I just had a look currently on page 5 of this topic hope it helps you
Mark

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (ixwa @ 21 May 2012, 09:49) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Aidan,

Search for Fairways Racing Complex, both here on slotforum and via google. Gordon has a 12x8 track that hoists by hand winch. There is some info and pics on how he did it.
Ray
What a track and build, so impressive! Didn't have too much info on the actual hoist but I'll look again indepth.

QUOTE (sealevel @ 21 May 2012, 17:27) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Under the "Where do all the digital racers come from" thread a fellow has a link to a video of the ceiling mounted track in his house.

Check it out.
Cheers!

will look this up now and report back, cheers

QUOTE (Youngman @ 21 May 2012, 18:41) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Aidan
I have a pulley system consisting of 6 pulleys & a couple of boat rollers hitched up to a electric winch which lifts my track above the car
You can have a look under Barwon raceway I just had a look currently on page 5 of this topic hope it helps you
Mark
I looked it up, only found 2 pages to the topic. Is it under a different topic name?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts