SlotForum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If this works this is a picture of a track I set up at home----back straight is 21ft long, kids think this is best home track yet.
If pic not showing any idea how to post pics please?

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Get a photobucket account.

The tags for each picture can be dropped straight into a post, no need to click on the 'insert picture' button.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Have you uploaded a picture from your hardrive to Photobucket?

If you have then somewhere near to the picture when on the PB site should be a bunch of links - You want the IMG CODE one.

Click on the text within the box, it will go yellow and the word copy will appear.

Paste straight into your post on here, no need to create tags...

·
Registered
448 Posts

Ok done as you said here`s hoping

Oh yes it worked at last!!!!!!! Thanks for info

Track info----From start line leads into banked curve(would have been flat but sofa got in way!!) down to chicane thern 4 curves to create a "squiggle" onto a lane change more "squiggles" another chicane up to another lane change flat bend onto pinch track then down the 21ft straight simple but so are the kids!!!!!

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
Ok. If you are using Photobucket the code that you need to use from there is listed under the photo as "IMG CODE". It is surrounded by the IMG and /IMG tags already. If you copy it and paste it directly into your message you'll get this.

Embs

·
Registered
448 Posts
It is tempting to put a vid up especially with the lights on the cars, it looked pretty cool but may leave it a while as got streesed just puting a pic up!!!!!!!

One problem I have with this track is that with increased mag power(turbo+) it will not go round track properly but on a wednesday night it`s fine!!!!!!!
Also I have 3 "power straights" with one of them it transfers power to both lanes so 1 controller plugged into 1 slot works both lanes. It`s a pain trying to rember not to use that piece lol.

·
Registered
550 Posts
QUOTE (pne4ever @ 27 Oct 2011, 09:42) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>One problem I have with this track is that with increased mag power(turbo+) it will not go round track properly but on a wednesday night it`s fine!!!!!!!

My one had the same problem. Fixed it by cleaning every single piece of track. Took it all apart, contact cleaner on each rail (top and ends) and wiped over with a dish sponge (abrasive side), followed by a wipe over with WD40 to clean the track. Works fine now. Wouldn't recommend you do this on your carpet though! Might be worth making a little loop with clean track and see if the car runs on that.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Out of interest, what plastic is Tomy AFX track made from, as WD40 is listed as being fine for most plastics?

I'm tempted to soak an old bit of track in WD40 just to see what, if anything, happens to it over time

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
I'm not sure, but I do know if you go heavy with it the track goes grey and patchy, so perhaps it does not harm it at a molecular level but it looks bad.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Mine looks lovely and black after cleaning. It looked grey before!

Found lots of info on Google recommending cleaning with WD40 and others that say it's the worse thing to do in the world.

According to WD40s own website:

What surfaces or materials are OK to use WD-40 on?

WD-40 can be used on just about everything. It is safe for metal, rubber, wood and plastic. WD-40 can be applied to painted metal surfaces without harming the paint. Polycarbonate and clear polystyrene plastic are among the few surfaces on which to avoid using a petroleum-based product like WD-40.

So unless someone can confirm my track is made from polycarbonate or clear polystyrene I'll keep using it as a 'spring cleaner'.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not sure if this is a good idea but I used glass cleaner to clean all track, before cleaning had a lot of "dead" sections after all was sweetness and light(with a slightly soapy smell!!!!) seems to have worked fine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts