SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally found some time to spend on a few of the 63 current projects I have going on. I guess if I would start one and finish that one, I might actually complete one every now and then. Oh well...

I forgot to take a before picture but this is what it started out as. However, mine was nowhere near in this good condition. I would have left it alone if it had been. Since it was in bad condition and the Ginther RA272 is one of my favorites i decided to convert it. Surprisingly, there was very little body warpage.

Here it is cut down, sanded, primed, and painted. I have got to work on my photo skills.

Once again the decals are from pattos place

I goofed on the roll bar, it should be white. The mirrors are from Maxi-models and the exhaust is from the 1/20 Tamiya RA272 in a cut down version. Once I get the wheel inserts finished and Ritchie painted up I'll post some updated pictures.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Well I finally found the time to finish the inserts and paint up Ritchie. After seeing what Steve had done with Jack Brabham, painting eyebrows and all, I wasn't sure I needed to even post these. However, I went with the Exoto philosophy and just painted the goggles a trusty silver. Hope you like it and I'll try and finish Phil Hill over the weekend and update the sharknose next week.

·
Registered
155 Posts
That looks awesome!
I've meant to post a response to this thread and your excellent sharknose Ferrari, but haven't gotten around to it until now. You have NO reason to be hesitant to post these pictures.

I LOVE this car -- great work. I know you had to do a lot of cleaning up to get it to this point.

Congrats!
Steve

·
Registered
800 Posts
Wow, mine isn't even close. I used a vacuum formed body because I didn't know there were hard bodies available. But then I went with the RA271 version, maybe that makes a difference, I don't know. I'm still trying to figure out what makes an F1 car different from an Indy car

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.