SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally found some time to spend on a few of the 63 current projects I have going on. I guess if I would start one and finish that one, I might actually complete one every now and then. Oh well...

I forgot to take a before picture but this is what it started out as. However, mine was nowhere near in this good condition. I would have left it alone if it had been. Since it was in bad condition and the Ginther RA272 is one of my favorites i decided to convert it. Surprisingly, there was very little body warpage.

Here it is cut down, sanded, primed, and painted. I have got to work on my photo skills.

Once again the decals are from pattos place

I goofed on the roll bar, it should be white. The mirrors are from Maxi-models and the exhaust is from the 1/20 Tamiya RA272 in a cut down version. Once I get the wheel inserts finished and Ritchie painted up I'll post some updated pictures.

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
It's looking really good! I'm keen to see the finished product!

Nice mirrors, BTW!

Kind regards,

Russell

·
Registered
545 Posts
Well I finally found the time to finish the inserts and paint up Ritchie. After seeing what Steve had done with Jack Brabham, painting eyebrows and all, I wasn't sure I needed to even post these. However, I went with the Exoto philosophy and just painted the goggles a trusty silver. Hope you like it and I'll try and finish Phil Hill over the weekend and update the sharknose next week.

·
Registered
153 Posts
That looks awesome!
I've meant to post a response to this thread and your excellent sharknose Ferrari, but haven't gotten around to it until now. You have NO reason to be hesitant to post these pictures.

I LOVE this car -- great work. I know you had to do a lot of cleaning up to get it to this point.

Congrats!
Steve

·
Registered
800 Posts
Wow, mine isn't even close. I used a vacuum formed body because I didn't know there were hard bodies available. But then I went with the RA271 version, maybe that makes a difference, I don't know. I'm still trying to figure out what makes an F1 car different from an Indy car

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
QUOTE I'm still trying to figure out what makes an F1 car different from an Indy car

In the F1 car.... the driver is talented...
..... couldn't help it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts