SlotForum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Years ago I converted an old VIP RA271 into a crude RA272.

With the invitation to join an upcoming 1.5L proxy race here in the states I thought it would be a good time to update it to better resemble the RA272.

Took the old shell back down and started over adding vents, intakes, and reduced the size of the front axle openings.

The top of the engine cowling for the 271 is all wrong for the 272 so I decided to cut off the old and fabricate a new one from styrene.

I used the 1.5L Beardog chassis, painted it flat black, and added a few suspension details.

Went back with the same Ginther livery and was hoping for something that resembled this.

All in all I'm satisfied with everything except how high Ritchie is sitting. I'll try and fix that when the car is returned. For now I just hope it's fast and Ritchie doesn't catch too much wind and slow the car down.

Thanks!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Nice work Jay. They say I spend too much time on my cars but I have never done that much bodywork on one. Good luck in the Montana Invitational Proxy Race it looks like you have some veteran builders to race against. Ken

·
Registered
503 Posts
QUOTE (jhardy33 @ 12 Oct 2011, 09:05) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>All in all I'm satisfied with everything except how high Ritchie is sitting. I'll try and fix that when the car is returned. For now I just hope it's fast and Ritchie doesn't catch too much wind and slow the car down.

Thanks!

Who said anything about returning the cars? Oh by the way, you don't have to worry about staging the last race in Atlanta.

Mark

·
Registered
218 Posts
Lovely work Jay!

Not surprising really, just typical of your attention to detail,best of luck in VRAA and the "invitational"

Terry

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I really appreciate the comments guys. The Hondas have always been some of my favorite cars from that era.

Ken, I've never done that much body work before either but with some urging from Chris Wright decided to have a go at it. The race is two weeks away and I'm hoping it performs a little better than my VRAA car has so far.

Jay

·
Registered
49 Posts
Lovely work, Jay. I've always wanted an RA272 and I live in hope that someone like Dave Jones will make a good resin shell of it one day soon.

Old23

1 - 13 of 13 Posts