·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right so first of we all have our roles

I do the facebook page
Jim and Dave do track matinence and set up mainly
Deane...I do not know

so basicly I want us all to work like a machine so I am working on honk logo and proberly a poster but what we need is to get somone to keep asking people who do/have came to come such as the baldocks on the night

we need more people I hate it when we have 4 a night so more is needed I know the larkfeild lot where ment to join us but they tend to follow Dave p and what he says compared to me

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also forgot I have set up a honk email adress as by the looks we did not have it it will be used between us and can be used for skydrive acsess as well

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
What is Skydrive and how does that help us?

What is the email address and how do we 'use it between us'?

I ask the Baldocks, and in fact all the people who don't use the forum much, before every meeting.

The issue of there not being enough of us is nothing new and nor are the solutions. I am sure if you speak to Andy from WHO he will give you a whole slew of ideas, which he has passed on many times.

They key is to do them all, or as many as you can, in a coordinated way centred around a set date. In our case a relaunch night.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Hi Callum,

You need to invite your friend list to like the Facebook page and see if they can help spread the word. The more people whose newsfeed it pops up in, the more likely that you will get a casual clicker and possibly a new racer.

I think it is great that you posted the HONK perspective race report from the race on Saturday but you really need to type your report in Word first. Use the spell checker to correct the spelling and grammar and then cut and paste into Facebook. I struggled so much to read your last report and I only persevered because I was at the race and wanted to see how you had reported it. Someone without that personal investment would have given up very early on.

I don't want to sound negative because as I said, I think the content itself is a good idea and this is the way to make people want to read it.

Keep up the posting of photo albums, scores and videos after the meetings. Make it part of the meeting routine that after each race, you post all the data and info to Facebook. It will pop up in people's feeds and make them interested....hopefully!

As you and I have both said, inviting the Scouts to an evening of racing or putting on racing during one of their meetings for them has to be a good way of generating some members.

Deane has done a lot of good work finding people interested in trying racing and getting them along. Get them to like the FB page and you have something they can easily use to show their friends what they are up to.

Keep up the good work mate but take it to the next level with clean and easy to read posts.

Cheers

Gareth

1 - 4 of 4 Posts