SlotForum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
The AFX order is now here.

If you have cars to collect please let me know if you would like to collect them on the 27th, or some other race night, or have them posted etc

The entry list for the 27th is:

Jim Sanders
Dave Hannington
Deane Walpole
Peter Baldock
Tony Baldock
Keith Schooling

(Maybes in brackets)

Class is Open Wheel.

Dave M and Ken cannot make it....

·
Registered
120 Posts
Well if this many people are going to show is it worth laying the longer track ? this will make the straights longer
by 8 foot .but this will only work if there are enough people to Marshall the extra length ..
The track would be end to end and not T shaped to achieve this..
lets here from some others if this is OK..

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Extra length does not have to mean more marshals. You could have a 500' long oval that would only need 2 marshals, same as a 10' one.

Of the two layouts I have seen it is the T shaped one that needs more marshals.

Is this not one of those two layouts? If it is a new one do you have a sketch?

Bear in mind four of the names are only maybes. Lets not get carried away. I will of course do what I can away from SF to get them de-italicised.

·
Registered
120 Posts
its the same layout, the two main straight are longer thats all.
But if there are not enough people, you end up with a body running up and down to help marshall
8 people and its a breese,... you are listing peolpe as defanitly not maybe,s so I dont know
it could be a 1000 foot long but what you need is two marshall at either end two make this work.
You need to have been at the last two meetings to understand how things have have worked out..
We have been close to laying a longer track but have been 1 person short of just moving things
forward that fraction, by having the fastest cars show what they have in top end and corner speed
which could be done with that 1 extra person
so show who are the maybes and who are the defos
..if you get my driff.
its makes set up easy if you no in advance..

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (free wheeler @ 20 Mar 2014, 23:24) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>its makes set up easy if you know in advance..

Of course, but you can't force people to decide. I'm working on it.

This again highlights why we need to do the corporate night, send the press releases, do some more flyers, talk to the scouts etc.

Once the membership is up we can build whatever track we want and people can just turn up, a la WHO.

·
Registered
120 Posts
A good nights close racing,and it was good to see the track work the way it did.
Well done to Carrol with a great win on the night with her Super G Plus
And Dave H with his Mega G up against the SRT and SGP taking second place
The A final ended 1st and 2nd finishing on the same lap and 3rd a lap behind.
What was even more amazing was Carrol getting the whole track in the back of her car
and moving it to my garage Three 8 x 4 sheets ready for the move to our new home
next Thursday at...11 am if anyone can help...
the new adddress should be...but lets wait until we are through the door before
we list it as our offical address.

.1st Cray Valley
The Scout Hall, The Landway,St Paul's Cray,Orpington,Kent, BR5 3LH

..WELL DONE CARROL...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.