SlotForum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pleased to announce racing will resume after a long break THIS THURSDAY the 12 March at 7 pm
This has taken longer than we first thought the scouts were slow to come up with the money after the mishap
with our equipment, but its sorted now so lets try and get things back on track
The track has not been used or tested for over 5 months so lets hope the build quality has held up..
Thursdays will be F1 or nascar so bring both and we will make the choice on the night...

Set up is 5.30 pm that should give us time to iron out any problems..hopefully none
racing at 7 pm

Hope to see you there..... Jim...

·
Registered
730 Posts
Hey that is brilliant news Jim, good luck with the night and the future!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Good to see ya back Jim.
..long time no see...sorry I couldn't make the HONK round....

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Great to see HONK back in business

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Good to see HONK back in action.

The recent EAHORC meeting there was certainly good fun, and the kit held up well. I had a horrible time in the morning, but Carol stepped up and got us some good club points

We just need to find some locals for the weeknight meetings. I will let Stuart know. Adam from Ilford also.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Many thanks to you all for your words of support..

Tonight only three of us to start with, Jim ,Dave , Micky . so we was able to do a bit of testing of the new parts
then a 8 pm three new people showed up two men and a young lad so we had 45 mins of racing
to let them get a feel of things ..all of them were good racers and live in Dartford not to far..
they have tried to find us before, so lets hope they return..

Next meeting two weeks time...
JIM...............H.O.N.K...R.A.C.I.N.G....

·
Registered
730 Posts
Three 'walk ups', you can't complain about that nice one.

I liked your new venue, keep it up

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Good stuff Jim.

Was one of the guys Chris?

Did you get contact details for them this time? Those are always worth having, especially when we need locals to put the club on a good footing. If nothing else having an email address gives you the means to send them the results, but right now it would be good to have the means to tell them if a race night gets moved or cancelled.

You say they tried to find us before? Did they expand on why the could not? We need to work on that....

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
I just spoke to Chris, and he didn't go.

I guess we just have a different outlook on the value of asking for people's names and a means to contact them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts