SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I reproduce below information received only in the last few hours, direct from Monarch Lines - UK distributor of VMG

The New releases due 28/01/04 as follows:-
ML-LM21
MIRAGE M6 - '73 No.5- MIKE HAILWOOD - DEREK BELL-1000 kms SPA - Gulf Livery

ML-LM22
MIRAGE M6 - '72 No.7 - BELL- VAN LENNEP-12 Hrs SEBRING - Gulf Livery

ML-CA53
McLAREN M8C, CAN-AM -'71 No.2 1000 kms - White/Suzuki- Buenos Aires - Craft/Taylor

ML-GP1
Lotus 72 - JPS BLACK/Gold - World Champion Emerson Fittipaldi 1972 - 1:32 SCALE

ML-GP1
Lotus 72 - JPS WHITE/Red - LUCKY STRIKE RACING #29 - 1:32 SCALE

Note the specific reference to 1/32 scale for the F1s!

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I've been told the Mirages are not 1/32 because VMG want to use the same chassis found on their Can Am cars. Rarely heard such a daft reason ! Instead of being on
we got

·
Registered
7 Posts
I really just wish they'd do away with that diff, I would buy more than what I have.
F1's yes, but I'll end up swapping for slot-it parts.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Damn - I thought we had all that VMG information on the MRE website a couple of weeks ago !!

Ooooops, just checked........yes we did !!

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the extra info, Gary.
My source has been a bit sporadic lately and I had only a few minutes to pop up the most useful parts of it.

·
Jim Moyes
5,043 Posts
Got some early reports on the 72's tonight, not that good either!

Tony of Bolwextric picked up 2 today with a view to running a classic F1 class at his club track. Tried them out and one was fine but one expired within a few laps. He took it back to the supplier and they investigated on the spot. Apparently the pinion- which is made of plastic- had stripped completely. Not only is the pinion different to the CanAms, perhaps changed to combat crown gear stripping, but the motor is a different type too. He described it to me as like a Parma motor but that means nothing to me.

Mr.M

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Please don't take this the wrong way but...

I'll just mention Mr Material UK but for us poor folk still on 56kb web connections picture signitures just make things even slower on a picture intensive thread. And they don't help Nuro with his bandwidth either putting up his costs of running Slotforum.

A few others have picture signitures aswell so its is something to think about.

Cheers
Moped

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
The new VMG cars arrived today, we got both Mirages , both Lotus 72's, and the M8C. Check the pictures on the Hot News page on the MRE website at www.mre.co.uk

I have to admit I am disappointed by the Lotus. The front looks Ok but the whole VMG diff unit is exposed and very unsightly. Maybe some work could be done to disguise it, but I don't have time right now. The overall shape looks Ok but I don't have dimensions to check if its over 1/32 scale, but it does look a little large.......

The airbox and steering wheels are a loose fit, about 3/4 of our delivery arrived with these rattling around loose in the box.............

Both the Lotus cars have the correct tobacco markings on them. How long is it since we have had a car with JPS or Lucky Strike on it............? I wonder how long it will be before VMG fall foul of the licencing laws and tobacco advertising regulations..................

·
Registered
349 Posts
Hey Gary,

Is that 29 number really supposed to be UPSIDE DOWN on the Lucky Strike car?!

Wierd!

I'll have to see these in person before the wallet comes out. I have seen the Mirages, they were at a shop here in Toronto a couple of weeks ago.

Nice model if you are over the size thing and are in"diff"erent...

One question to all you race historians, did the Mirage ever run against the Shadow or an M8B and other Can-Ams or was the Mirage only a World Sports Prototype in with the Ferrari and Alfa's of the time?

In other words, from an RTR perspective, is the Mirage an orphan of sorts? I'm guessing it ran against some of the Porsche 908/3s that Fly has out, albeit in a different class i suppose.

Just curious.

Ken R

·
Registered
721 Posts
Mr Material,

Please make your signature smaller and try compressing it also. But also please don't stop using it. I love the feeling it provokes!

Mope, come on it's time to drop the dial-in and join the modern world!

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
Mr. Material,

Something like this.... under 7K in size vs. 80K..... I think it still retains the flavour that Dennis mentions...

No need to drop it totally though!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Moped & dialup users,
Re graphic signature, there is an option in your profile to turn off signature displays, in Options/Board Settings.

·
Jim Moyes
5,043 Posts
Thanks for the positive comments about the sig pic, guys. And thanks for the suggestions too, I'll sort it

Mr.M

·
Registered
209 Posts
QUOTE (Dennis David @ 3 Feb 2004, 02:15 AM)Mope, come on it's time to drop the dial-in and join the modern world!
Not all of us live in areas that are served by broadband yet... and no I don't live in the Scottish Highlands but in West Sussex....!!!!!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Fewer sheep, but more wife swapping.

I've heard.

From my neighbours... who've lived here longer than I have.

I'll stop now.

Good news is we are due to get broadband here (Rudgwick, a bit north of you Inside Info) soon. It should mean less time waiting on uploads so less time on the net. But I bet it doens't.

Scott

1 - 20 of 21 Posts