SlotForum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi people

Decided to get my son (William 6) into Scalextric as i always wanted a "proper" layout when i was a kid but had to settle for a F1 figure of 8 set...

So My dad (Grandad) purchased a Porsche triple Cup Digital set as Williams Christmas present, god bless Grandads!!!

Anyhow i decided to "Add" a little to the set by getting a few bits off ebay as extensions, so i'm proudly showing off my first purchase...... It was origionally 1x Rally Sport set won for £20, in good condition and complete, however when i went to get it the guy said i could have a 2nd identical set, minus cars for a further £10!

So £30 later and we're in action!!!

Cant wait for Xmas day now to see the boys face!!!!!

·
Circuit Owner
5,913 Posts
Welcome to the club!

Be warned the addiction gets far worse. My son (about to be 6) is my excuse too!

8 months in I have a cupboard full of vintage Scalextric cars waiting to be restored/customised, a 20 metre fully portable track (see link at the bottom of my post) and a permanent grin on my face when I finish work and go into my workshop. Ebay has provided cars, track, barriers, lighting connectors, case latches, LEDs (for cars and track lighting), heat shrink, car spares and tons of other stuff.

In answer to your topic title's question - the answer is VERY. But at least the wife knows where I am!

·
Horlicks Hero
1,940 Posts
Aaaaaarggghhh !!!! Giant foot !!!!

Yeah, you think Ebay's addictive now, just wait until you can both surf the listings.

·
Circuit Owner
5,913 Posts
Next ebay purchase...

Replacement LED for Scooby light.

Oh and a soldering iron.

And some solder.

May as well order some heat shrink.

As the LED's came in packs of 20 maybe I should buy a few cars without lights and convert those - would give me something unique.

So - magnifying "helping hand" thing.

Set of mini screwdrivers.

I'm sure there are a few more things I could find.....

·
Circuit Owner
5,913 Posts
Does the Scooby have LEDs or old fashioned bulbs? Old fashioned bulbs change in intensity but will glow at lower voltages. LED's have a threshold voltage below which they won't light. They do vary in brightness with higher voltages.

It's a voltage thing so if you have a dodgy connection it could be arcing across at higher voltages as this would be enough to power an arc across a gap.

If the two lights light up at full throttle with wildly different brightness then I would replace the bulb/LED. If they light up the same then I would re solder the joints to the dodgy light as my first try, if that doesn't work replace all the wire associated with the dodgy light.

If that doesn't work then I've run out of ideas!

·
Registered
56 Posts
OP It's ridiculously addictive my debit card is melting under the strain waiting on about 10 parcels delivered they're all marked sent and am feeling like a hyper impatient child lol

·
Circuit Owner
5,913 Posts
Perhaps you should ask your bank to make you a steel credit card - that way you can hammer it much harder before it starts to melt!!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hah that's not a bad idea the weemans Xmas pressies is quickly turning into another expensive hobby.

I want that one *click*

and that one *click*

and that one too *click*

*click* *click* *click* *click*

1 - 13 of 13 Posts