SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fancy a rally track (excuse for some different cars, whoes? How do you do a rally track? lots of R1's, no borders, barriers, smooth off some R2's to make a skid/mud sectoion, put PVC tape on wheels? How best to run it using SSDC. Inspirational SCX/Scaley tracks for rug racers anybody? As always a chance to use your imigination.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Loose saloote,
Thanks but that is almost what we have for our LMP races (I love tight bends). Following our race session last night we hardened up our ideas. What we wanted was a race where the requirement is for carefull driving in challengeing situations not all out speed.

We would run some sections no barriers 'cause in the real world e.g Spain some roads are narrow and have a drop off.
We need to know how to make the scaley track slippy (we though boot polish). Also we want to know who makes reasonaly priced cars that have drop guides so we can have off road rough track. Start the cars off at say 30 sec intervals for fixed number of laps. Large time penalty if you come off. The accent is staying on while getting round clean. I guess more of a trial than rally. Maybe use the LC's to define a route so if you miss it you have to go round again! That adds navigation ;-). Are there other track surfaces that can prove a challenge without resorting to coffe or coco powder. We though the banked curve set up for reverse camber. How do you get a rally loop in scaley sport?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.