SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
WRP World Champ 2015/2016
4,368 Posts
first off, is this a rally STAGE -ie one car at a time against the clock -or a track to race several cars at the same time over rally like terrain? From this we can all work out a few different tracks. Also, what size of rug we talking about here?

One word of advice I'd give is to use borders - even if it's just cut outs of carboard built up to track height. If you allow sliding on the bends it's great fun.

Vary the bends so they open or tighten, just to add to the thrill. If you want to see some great tracks that you can pinch ideas from, go to the events section and look at the various rounds of Slot Rally GB. this weekend at Pendle we had one ninco track that had some very clever opening bends, so you could get a good head of steam up as you exited. Only to have to hit the breaks for the next R1 90degree! Great fun.

I bought a load of old classic with loads of different size R1's ( 90, 45 and 22.5 degree sectiopns) so I could get a right old wiggle on in the bends. Lots of crossovers to double the track length, but I was using purely analogue power and controllers for it.

Whatever you do, you'll love it. Good luck and put some pictures up as you go about your experimentation.

·
WRP World Champ 2015/2016
4,368 Posts
For slippery, try some Inox, if you have some. Very slippery. Alternatively, a bit of vaseline type petroleum jelly seems to do it for my track.

I really like the idea of your time trial - will be interested to see how it goes.

Great article Kevin.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.