Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I´ve got a Revell Cobra Daytona #5 and want to change the pinion to a 8-teeth pinion. I´ve just purchased a Ninco-press/puller, but what to do??
The motor is a frontmotor with a drive-shaft and it sure doesn´t fit in the press/puller-thing!
I´ve got some Fly brass-pinions and they seem to fit the crown-gear of the Daytona, but I cant get the damn Fly pinions on the shaft.
Please help me.........

Danny

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
right, first off, remove the drive shaft completely, away from the motor without spring. now. use the puller to whip the pinion off then to get a new one on, go outside to the garage put the pinion on a flat surface that you dont mind having a pinion mark on. lye it down so the hold is vertical (pointing up) then get a hammer and the shaft you removed, put the shaft aligned with the hole and TAP I said TAP NOT BELT ok? just little tap tap tap until it does on far enough that the shaft is fully through, now you need pliers, turn it unside down, open the pliers to let the shaft come through, but leave them covering the pinion TAP NOT BELT the pliers, and the pinion will now slide on. you can then move it back down using the same method..

and before you lot moan yes there is a good chance of bending the drive shaft SO BE CAREFUL... C-A-R-E-F-U-L!

Rob.
EASY now.. careful.. careful.. *hammer slips* YELP YELP

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Or, you could use a vice to press the new pinion onto the shaft. For final positioning once the pinion and shaft are flush, place a small length of brass tube against the centre of the pinion so that the shaft comes through a little next time you tighten up the vice.

Either way it's purely a matter of o-pinion

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I promise you all this. If I decide to make the second T.V. series of "Short Circuits" I`m gonna make sure I get Int on to demonstrate that! Gonna make bloody good telly is that!

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
yup, ever other word will be a bleep doing that..effing pinion effing sheeting peice O effing [email protected] get on that bas... ah thats it OW bagger.. ow! stupid hammer... blasted

get me racing and if I dont like the car.. you will have to turn the sound off!!!

I will make anything work.. just give me a hammer and a screwdriver, I go by the book! the Haynes manual book!!

Actually Jonnyboy, We were invited to that but spoilsports RR3.9 and someother bloke said no it's too far.. (miserable gtis they are!)

Now.. boilersuits and slot jockeys.. hmm I think we will have to sort him out eh? OR Bag him throw him in the back of a car and leave him somewhere and let outselves present the show
not that we know anything about TV's!

Rob.

p.s and [email protected] spellin is cause I had a few drinks

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Mate you should have turned out for it. Racing coveralls and `slot jockeys` protested by me big time, got enough witnesses too! loads of protesting from me edited out and credit to the lads who turned out and raced against many odds and power breaks, smiled and cracked on for the sake of the hobby. Maybe next time?

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
No mate. Big secret here...Ssshhhhhh. If it happens, series 2,it gets filmed at P1^&** or it don`t happen.
My last major protest was to wear me sh***** out shorts thruout! So sweatshirt etc, not a prob mate.

Hey enough sherry for you tonite young man!

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
You gotta work out the Squaddie mentality mate, clue begins P and oh yes it`s central. `Nuff said. getting me head down busy day at Phoenix all tomorrow.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts