SlotForum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you like to see more Events fully covered?
Definately! It's something new to Forums and great to watch.1676.19%
It's fun but I wouldn't want to see it all the time.29.52%
No way - If I can't be there I don't want to see it.314.29%

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The Event in Barcelona came to my notice in a bit of gossip email bantering.
Then the opportunity arose for myself and BSN to enter and it went from there, a great opportunity to advertise the Team, some fun preparing Team kit etc.
I then tried a little arm twisting of a friendly contact and found myself able to post pictures and details of the Event as it formed.

To finish the post in question - Here. I will be posting pics and reports as it happens, if possible and then an article on the weekends racing to close.

It struck me earlier today that this hasn't been done before and might be a good thing, hence the Poll.

I would definately be up for talking to other big Events world wide and seeing if we can get them to take us on the journey from start to racings end, via pictures and reports IF the interest is there.

What do you think people?

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
Possibly a sub-stream, but not of interest to me.

Interestingly a recent NSCC member's poll found that members definitely did not want race reports in the newsletter. Now that could be because they are mostly collectors and the newsletter is up to two months late with 'news'.

Speaking personally, I can't be bothered to read race reports of events I have no personal interest in. A few pics and a quick summary - not so much results based but points of interest (new car, nice livery, reliability issue, etc) - will do for me.

Scott

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Ditto Scott's reply.

Nothing more boring than reading about lap times and who did what if your not their!

Racing is great fun, but slot racing is not a spectator sport (see that awful Channel 4 TV program).

Gareth

If you need convincing Scott can write on Thursday about our racing tonight, it may go something like this:

We arrived, we chatted about slot cars, the forum, NSCC, collecting, the new bridge, started racing late, did OK, Jim won (again!), packed up, retired to the bar and drank until they throw us out.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Has anyone ever been a member of the BSCRA? If you have ever had trouble sleeping i suggest reading their newsletter/magazine... Its full (what little there is of it) of race reports and results but very little attention is paid to the cars and circuits. The fact that most of these relate to 1/24th scale cars as well doesn't help. (In contrast their web site has some interesting articles on the cars and tracks and how to build them.)

My vote would be to either post details of meetings somewhere as a sub-stream that people can go to if they wish or don't do it at all. Articles on particular cars and the classes that are raced at different clubs might be OK.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Old Weird Herald have been doing this for years.
Amazingly (to me), their forum stats show that particular board to be the second most visited on their site! I am astounded as it bores the crap out of me!
OWH Competition Results
On the other hand, it depends very much on HOW it is presented. I certainly wouldn't object to a separate board that I could choose to visit or not.

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wasn't thinking so much along the lines of a steady stream of race results, more like a brief report on the top three, with interviews on their setup, Team organisation etc

BUT mainly a photo history and brief commentary on the Event, its organisers and how they went about getting it all ready.

If nothing else it would give others thinking of doing it, some insight into what is involved.

·
DT
5,195 Posts
I think that what you propose would be very interesting indeed. Please go ahead and interview the people and bring us back a report. Our logo is on your shirts so do us proud.

And remember...

The post imortant thing...

G

·
The Channel 4 one Richard and I were the first half Of? Yes it was rubbish, but it was enjoyable to make.

Rail Racer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts