SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I know NSR get a bit of stick for QC on the forum, but I just purchased my first ever NSR a Silver Ford P68, it looked fine when I took it out of the box, so thought I'd do a few laps.

2 corners later it stopped dead but my power supply was showing 2.5 amp draw. After stripping it down found that the wire to the motor had got pulled in-between the spur and main gear jamming it up.

Anyway trying not to whinge but thought it may help someone else before they have to hunt around for spare wire to get it running.

Slingshot.

P.S goes like stink now and that's without trying the tyres.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Nsr are pretty good for quality, and what has happened in your case is a bit of a luck thing. My first ever nsr, the mkiv when she first came out, did exactly the same thing. I've treated myself to another 15+ nsr cars since then, and my r18 stripped a gear 5 minutes in, and my first 917 had a D shaped wheel. To put a positive spin on it 80% of my nsr cars have been great out of the box. The flip side of course being 20% needed work, fortunately for minimum outlay.

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
I don't think I have ever taken a car right out of the box and run it. I always take it apart and do a "receiving" inspection where I look for defects, correct them and do things like lube and round tires. Before I reassemble I run the chassis assy on a rolling road to make sure everything is broke in and functioning correctly. I then run the chassis on my track to set up all the tuning areas. Finally, when the complete car hits the track for the first time it almost never has any issues.

Jimmy

·
Registered
235 Posts
QUOTE (Slingshotx @ 29 Aug 2012, 12:48) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>2 corners later it stopped dead but my power supply was showing 2.5 amp draw. After stripping it down found that the wire to the motor had got pulled in-between the spur and main gear jamming it up.

My Mosler did this as well. Now I always check to make sure this won't happen before running my NSR's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts