Revell 24
Carrera Go (1/43) 19
MRRC 19
Fly 16
All my other brands of slot cars are in single figures

·
Administrator
10,420 Posts
I also worked up a list of my favorite makes, but only for the commercially made cars, not the scratchbuilts. Took me awhile because my table is in Word and had to find the sort function under Windows 10!

Ferrari - 156
Lotus - 92
Porsche - 73
Ford - 67
Lola - 59
Chaparral - 55
Jaguar - 46
Cooper - 35
McLaren - 30
Cobra - 23

If I counted the scratchbuilts, the Ferraris would easily top 200 or 250 and the Chappies over 100... (you really have 1,000+ Joel?) What's funny in the vintage categories is how limited some of these are: probably 90% of the Lotuses are the 30 or 40, over half of the Chaparrals the Chappy 2, Fords are almost all the GT40 and variants, etc.

Don

·
Gordon Steadman
6,967 Posts
As we are playing this game, I thought I'd do a little spreadsheet as I have so few. This is working slot cars. There are quite a few of my wooden bodies sat all forlorn as the chassis always get moved on to the next big thing.
Font Parallel Rectangle Number Slope

Surprised to see I actually have 10 ready to run cars. I Thunderslot McLaren which doesn't go well, one SlotiT Ferrari which does, a ProSlot Toyota and three Alfas, a couple of Cox Chappys and, gasp, two Scalextric BRMs.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
My initial post was more one of how did I get to this many cars and models? When I got back in to slot cars I said I was only going to buy cars that I needed and would use, no buying just because, yeah right. However it would seem that I have a long way to go be fore I catch up with a lot of people :eek:

1/32nd scale slot cars only 257
1/24th scale slot cars 12
1/43rd (1/40th) scale slot cars 233
1/52nd scale slot cars 1
1/32nd scale bodies waiting about 40
1/43rd (1/40th) scale bodies 6
1/32nd scale plastic kits waiting again about 40
1/24th scale plastic kits waiting only 5
1/43rd scale kits (plastic, resin and white metal) 46
1/32nd scale diecast models only 1
1/24th scale diecast models only 1
1/18th scale diecast model only 1
1/43rd scale diecast models 207

Plus 46 slot car sets

I had been thinking that it was time I got on with some more projects but now I'm starting to think why? Noit that it will stop me and with the UK slot car festival at the weekend, cards glued in to wallet, I don't think😁:whistle:😇

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
"aahh, the digital age. If I were to undertake these projects, I'd be flipping through 3x5 cards from their record-keeping file boxes for quite a while! But then again, I grieved the disappearance of card files at the libraries all these years ago, commenting to librarians "what are you going to do for backups!?"

·
Gordon Steadman
6,967 Posts
Hey Gordon, I bet a couple years ago you never thought you'd accumulate 50 slot cars...

Don
You are quite right Don, I thought two or three of each scale would get me by at Bordo!. The worrying thing is the box with rather more than 50 bodies in it and the various boxes of spare parts. I don't think I'll bother counting how many working cars I could put together if I had the time and inclination.

Fortunately, I have a fireplace to render this morning!

41 - 48 of 48 Posts