SlotForum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Got a fair bit of the stuff but I've not built a track longer than about 12m. How far can I push it before I get a drop off? I fancy getting another 12 long straights but there is no point if it won't work.

Track is all old stuff but it has been cleaned.

·
Registered
984 Posts
If you work at, it to quote a comment from another member who talked to a Scalextric demo man. 30m is the limit. It will be half that if you use 2A not 1A type powers. This is without using booster cables. The scalextric man recommnded minimal amounts of marine conductive grease. However I have not used that. With new Sport track I run upto aboubt 12m without booster cables but the track does need a lot of TLC to make sure it is fully connected. Always trast the trac with a break one side of the powerbase so that you get continuity all the way round. INOX 3 does help.

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
Just wires to link from the powerbase to the furthest part of the track. hey presto it is like your powerbase is right at that point! I used to typically build 25 to 30m analogue tracks with classic track, I would always add about 3 or 4 links to ensure the best power all the way round.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ta.

Just had a look for an image of it but couldn't find one. 16V clip to the underside of the track job. Early 90's vintage I would guess from the cars that came with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts