SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Hope you all are doing good. I am new to this forum.

Recently we bought a mini slot car and track for home usage with children.

thumbnail2.jpg

Later we realized the speed and control are not good enough for the below reason.

Our setup and performance can be seen in the below video.

It used a push to ON switch instead of a voltage controlling mechanism. So, the control is just full speed and stop and speed variation only by inertia and track friction..

only_on_OFF.jpg

I could improve with speed by adding some external batteries.

external_battery_connection.jpg

Now my question is how to implement a speed control so that we can even continuously run in a lower speed whenever required as I have plan to make a custom made track with lap counter etc ..

I planned to buy some DC-DC converter but not sure how will be the performance with this even when I implement this with a spring controlled auto return potentiometer...

dc_dc_converter.JPG

Can you give your idea/suggestion what would be the best solution to implement such a speed control ?

Thanks for your support in advance.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,391 Posts
Have made a few of these "speed controller" for running a car's "hands free". These are designed to plug into a 3 pin 2 amp socket which is the standard socket used by British slot racing clubs, but no doubt could be adapted for use on other track systems/

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks . Liked your idea.. unfortunately I am looking for something portable with battery operated and with a mechanism to auto stop if not driven..

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
search for artin 1/43 controllers on ebay, instead of a switch they have a throttle.

you can use the DC DC converter to set the top speed of the cars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts