SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· re member
5,109 Posts
Tamar,

I have cut and shut windows on many standard cars to save a few grams. Vac forming over the top of the original piece and then cutting and glueing the windows back in place individually saves more weight and retains the standard look...again I have done that several times now.
I suggest it would take an eagle eyed judge to detect the difference.
Grinding or cutting the centre section out of the original piece can lead to cracks and breakage....ask me how I know.

Who is shooting anyway?

· re member
5,109 Posts
QUOTE there's the roof panel. This is about as thick as Sheffield Steel, use the blade to thin this down.

No surprise but I do it differently. I use the round end dremel burr and scoot it around in a circular motion using light pressure.

· re member
5,109 Posts
Sorry, maybe I am confused. This thread is not about the standard Bentley? or is it just yours with an after market chassis?

· re member
5,109 Posts
I agree Tamar, some details can be hinted at. Although many scratch builders get a shock when the camera shows the flaws in their work that the naked eye does not pick up on.....ask me how I know!

I have been creeping forward with a suitable vac form interior for Gio. Possibly a Mk3 version could yet emerge. This one was taken from an old right hand drive piece that also was to the correct dimensions.....that Bentley seems like a long car.

· re member
5,109 Posts
Looks great Gio.

I like taping my interiors in place too.
I use a tape with fibre threads through it...got it from my librarian friend ages ago but have seen it in hardware stores.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.