SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to run the first group of races on my home track and would like some help in how best to organize the event.

The track is a two-lane Scalextric Sport track, 100 foot. It can be configured for both analog and digital. I am using Scalextric's RMS system for race management. I anticipate 4 to 8 racers at the event.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for how to best organize the event, from practice sessions, to qualifying, to race heats, etc? Also, if anyone has experience with the tournament mode of RMS, I would appreciate a briefing in how best to configure it for this purpose.

Thanks in advance; I know I am asking a lot, and much of this is old news to most here. Your patience is much appreciated. :)

[rb]

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hi Randy

Well, at my house this is how we do it.....

As for practice I have a 30 min. practice time.. ( I have a 4 lane track so that makes it a little easier ) ON a 2 lane track I would set the timer for say 2 to 3 mins and that allows every one time on the track....

Then we have Tech inspection....

For Qualifying we run 3 min. heats and the lap distance is totaled ( the track is divided up into section so you get a lap number and section number.... The numbered section help with tie breaking.... If someone ends up on the same section make note of who was further into the section...

Then the racers are put in their finishing order and the consolation races start..

In your case, say you have 6 racers..... 6 races 5, the winner moves up and races 4 and so on.... again we run 3 min races

This allows the less experienced drives more track time and allows someone to qualify dead last, but lets them work there way up into the main event....

hope this helps

Chris

·
Registered
20 Posts
Not sure if this is the place for it but when I ran the Letchworth scalex club we raced like a real race. If you deslotted you were out. we'd only race for 10 laps as few could stay on that long. Often the winner was who came off last.

Also last meeting before Easter and Christmas hols we'd have rally night with individual events against the clock. Events were: DRAG RACE. just a load of straights and an on/off switch (and a lump of sponge to catch the cars). Usually won by a maestro, god knows why. HILL CLIMB. Each competitor tries to get to the top of an 8 foot length of track one end of which is gradually raised until the best car can only get up it. This was pre magnets so not as easy as it might be today. PIT STOP. A small oval of track with a pitstop and a crossover on the opposite side. One lane o f the pitstop is set to divert and the other to straight through. Starting on the straight through lane drivers would do 1 lap and come into the pitlane. Nearby would be an old axle with tyres on and 2 spare tyres. They had to stop the car, remove the old tyres, fit the new ones and roll the axle to show the tyres were on true, a marshall would give the OK on this and then the car woyuld leave the pit lane and return to the start and so stop the timer. This was always a good night with small prizes for the winners in each age group.

SAdly very few adults came to this club and it turned into cheap babysitting.

Mr Gifted

1 - 3 of 3 Posts