SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
7,857 Posts
Over the top? You decide.

I oil the thing and then run it for an hour or so at low, low, bearly turning volts.

Then I up the ante a wee notch.

Then I oil her up again with another drop of Trinity Royal Oil.

Then I give her full chat with a Carrera 1:24 transformer for an hour or so.

Then I strap the motor back in the chassis and give it large with the gears and axle in place.

Then I take it to the track and some muppet who claims, "It's brand new. I only took it out of the box when I got here", **** my sorry ass.

· Premium Member
7,857 Posts
Sheesh!

I am not worthy.

I doff my hat to the King of Over the Top!

One thing, what power supply are you using? I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving my elastic band holding the throttle down for twelve hours for fear of it overheating (the throttle, not the elastic band
) - I trashed several old style Scaley ones doing that for a lot less than twelve hours.

And, sorry if this is a numb-nut question but why does the volts matter? I thought I had picked up from this forum that it is current that is really King?

Or have I really picked up nothing from this forum?

· Premium Member
7,857 Posts
Fantastic divergence of opinion!

It would seem that there is no definitive way to break-in a motor.

Sprint, can you be more specific about this Witch's brew you use? Like a url?

· Premium Member
7,857 Posts
Whoa, Tropi! You are coming over very forthright and strong in your statements, ain't ya'? Kind reminds me of the old Mopster.

I'd take issue with the no gain whatsoever argument. Surely, by running 'em in for a good while off track you do hit the sweet spot somewhat quicker than if you just lubed her up and stuck her on the track? And although I take you point about shortening the life of a motor I don't think I've ever had a motor seize up on me - mind, I do only run box standard; no extra weight or mugnuts.

I'm going to look into this Italian witch's brew and maybe give that a go.

Sorry to hear about the dampness in the bed!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.