SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
3,062 Posts
Thanks guys! This is a very interesting thread!
I usually break in some new motors at 3 volts for 3 minutes in a liquid that is especially sold for that in Italy. They wont say what it is (secret!) but after the 3 minutes it becomes dark grey, you blow the motor gently with some canned air and you are supposed to let the motor rest for a day before you use it. The producer actually recommends 3 minutes at 3 volts and 3 min. at 6 volts. But it seems to be too much to me. You can reuse it many times and it evaporates if not sealed well (they say).
It smells like wd40 or tiger's milk or voodoo, that kind of stuff...
What could it be? Petroleum based?
But more important could it ruin the motors once they are treated with it ?
I am asking because I would like to use it for my vintage motors but since I do not know what it really is ...
Best regards
Edo

· Premium Member
3,062 Posts
hi Wankel Ickx
Sprint and I are talking about MBslot, producer of the liquid for breaking in the motors and other very nice accessories.
http://www.mbslot.com/IT/News.htm
The site is in Italian for the moment but soon will be in English apparently.
MBslot does beautiful aluminium wheels also and other accessories that I have tried with great satisfaction.

In the meantime I just got this vintage contraption that, in addition of the MBslot liquid, allows me to break in proprely the motors:

Thing is that when I get a new car I just cannot resist and I run it right away(even with the magnet still on!!!)
Best regards
Edo
Will I be arrested by the SF Police for promoting other peoples products ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.