SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to change the polarity on Scalextric sports track to make the cars run the other way?? I have two professor controllers and in the instructions it says the reversing switch system is not for use with scalextric sports. So I cant add them to my controllers. My track is fixed to a board so I don't want to pull up the power straight and swap it around & I don't want to go to the hassle of re-wiring ever car I have. Would it be possible to just cut the leads coming from the wall mount transformers and re connect them the other way around?? Think I am running out of options!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Jim --

The Scalextric Sport wall transformer output is in AC (alternating current), so switching the leads will get you nowhere.

It's possible to wire reversing switches into the base (though you will need to detach the base from your layout for this)

I'd bet someone on this forum could point you in the proper direction on how to do this.

-- Pete

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
Hi Jimgym,

The easiest way to be able to race in both directions on a Scaley Sport track is to install two PowerBases each oriented in opposite directions and switch your power and controller leads when you want to switch race directions.

Because the Scaley wall warts output AC and the PowerBase itself must convert the AC to DC there are a few things to know when you do this. There's an article on my layout's website that is pretty complete, I think. I have been running this way for awhile.

You can use the two-PowerBase idea even with a variable DC power supply, as I do. The variable supply really adds a lot, I think.

The article also has a schematic if you want to chuck your PowerBase(s) and build your own wiring harness. I'm planning to do this so I don't have the lumps on the PowerBases taking up valuable scenery space, so I don't have to switch wires, and so I can turn dynamic braking off and on. This really isn't that difficult, it just takes a little soldering.

Paul

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.