SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi All

Having purchase some beautiful SRC Porsche 907, and wanting to have them run Scalextric SSD. I have run into a little problem, how to fit all the stuff into the small car.

Have any of you done this?

I think that I found space for the SP15b chip, but in the body, nut car itself. But I have no idea how to get lighting into this car. I don't want to cut into the cockpit.

Link to picture: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jcqz0y904witiw0/20180605_214048.jpg?dl=0

Link to car: http://src.es/en/store/original-cars/porsche-907l-1000km-monza-1968-rolf-stomelen-jochen-neerpasch/

Any help will much appreciated

Henrik

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Hi Henrik,

Here is your picture .....

SRC - Porsche 907.jpeg

What kind of lighting are your trying to fit - a Slot.it kit or ordinary LEDs?

Some more pictures of the places where you would like the lights would be helpful ........ ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will be using the SP32, but other lights, as I think they are to big.

Problem is when I put the sp15b in the body, I need to add long wires, so that I can separate it for maintenance.

I did this post to hear if anybody has done this to the SRC cars.

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
and I replied because, as far as I know, this has not been chipped before ...........

·
Addicted Rugracer
335 Posts
There should also be a ferritman at the guide end
Agreed that's best practice.

Most of my cars have a ferrite-man at motor and pickups but a few of the earliest ones I chipped (like this one) only have a single ferrite-man on the motor side.

None of the cars has given me any problems to date but I'd probably add a second if I open the car up again to add lights.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
These are pretty easy to chip with the C7005 SSD chip.

29342610317_687a6551ec_c.jpg
SRC-Porsche-907 by Martin Fay, on Flickr

30411750928_2c9d492bf2_c.jpg
SRC-907-Chipped by Martin Fay, on Flickr

The IR LED is directly under the front axle.

I didn't bother with lights yet, the rears look like they would be awkward but there's plenty of space up front.
Hi Slothead

That is a VERY clean setup, I wish that I had not used SP15, as the space is wrong for that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts