SlotForum banner

how to remove paint

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  mgmike 
#1 ·
Hi all

I painted my scalextric track by first masking the rails with masking tape, then using plastic primer and then flecked paint in brown and grey for different areas to simulate mud and stone.

I willl post a link tomorrow when paint funes in loft have subsided enough for camera flash to work properly.

My problem is that when I removed the masking tape, it had already peeled in places so there is back spray on the rails of priner and top paint. What is the best way to remove this without damaging the rails or the track paint work?

Thanks in advance

Stephen

#2 ·
Carefully

Depends largely on what type of paint you used. But suitable solvent (methylated spirits works well on acrylic paint) on a fine rag over the finger should do the job.

Embs

#3 ·
or try thinners or your missus nail varnish but test area first
im building a rally track for my kids and myself of coarse and wanted to paint my track same thing as yourself mud and gravel could you tell me what paint you used was thinking of the plasicote stone effect and which primer you used

your help would be very grateful cheers daz

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.