SlotForum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I used some 2 part epoxy to fix the headlight lenses to an ,mrrc ferrari 275P, with predictable results - it looks pretty awful. However you might agree that I have gone some way to rescue (cover up ?) the situation -

I am telling myself that since its a Le Mans car its perfectly acceptable to model duct tape around the lights. You may disagree, but i think the car looks great, especially on the maxi models eagle wheels. I might even put a lighting kit in the car just to see what it looks like running with the 'duct taped' lights,

Regards
Duane

·
Alan Tadd
4,030 Posts
Looks very good Duane, as you rightly say many Le Mans cars ran with duct tape around the headlight glass.

If however you want clear glass try a PVA based glue, it dries clear.

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I think that looks brilliant - that's one thing you don't see represented enough on model circuits imho - 100 mile an hour tape! What did you use?

Oh and BeeJay I remember seeing cars with the gaffer tape round the lights - why did they do it? To focus the beams up the road so they couldn't see the scary trees flailing past? or perhaps it's 'cause the glass wasn't as good as it is now & was prone to break? perhaps it was just 'cause it looked cool - I want to go gaffer tape some cars up now!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts