SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is probably a completely alien concept to most of you hardened racers out there but here is my problem.

I bought my 4-yr old a chipped Lightning McQueen car. He absolutely loves it, but even with the car power setting at 50% on my C7042, he keeps stacking it in every corner. I can hear a few of you shouting 'get him to slow down for the corners then!' but, put simply, his fingers aren't quite well enough developed yet for full throttle control.

There's no r1's on the circuit, so the tight bends aren't catching him out either.

I'd basically like him to be able to put the car round at full throttle without offing-it. Is there a way of de-tuning the car without resorting to complex electronics?

Thanks in advance

Mig.

·
Administrator
10,136 Posts
Put another magnet in, it will corner better and the magnetic drag will slow it a little bit.

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Pendles have a range of 16k motors that might also help as the standard Scaley is 18k. The one for the S-can is ref: SRP1092 and you will probably need a pinion gear for it. If you mention that you are on SlotForum, they will give you 10% discount as well ...

·
Greg Gaub
15,345 Posts
Or, get the PC cable, update the firmware, and you'll have 4 more power settings BELOW 50% to try out.
Riko sells cables. Get them from ssdc.jackaments.com
Also, with the cable, you can try out SSDC, which has power adjustments to 1% increments.

G

·
Just tape a bit of card on the handle of the throttle so the trigger doesn't go all the way down, ad more card to tune.

or drill a hole in the same place and use a plastic bolt, screw in and to tune!

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
just buy a dimmer switch. £2.50 from china and wire it in, between wallwart and track. 0-12 at a turn of the dial. works perfectly and good quality ive hard wired my track with the dimmer in the circuit so me and the grandsons can race on an even footing. john

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Digital cars are not too happy with too few volts and it is unlikely that your lad will want to have to use a PC - I quite like Phil' suggestion; your son could have is own, special throttle - "Piston Broke"

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys. I like the low-tech 'drilling holes' idea- I'll give it a go and let you know how I get on.

Mig

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.