SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think the title says it all...

The lights of my SCX Seat Leon stopped working.
The lightbulb is dead. Are there spares from SCX?

Or should I buy a new (like cartrx) light set and install that one in the leon?
It didn't used to shine very bright too... it would be nice to have more light for the night sessions!

Greetz

Gunther

·
Registered
543 Posts
buy an aftermarket kit.

but......check the metal strips that tranfer the current. make sure they contact the circuit boards at all four corners. the strips are held in place by imagination and after a good crash may become unattached. there are other unreparable things to go wrong with these lights also. little resistors/capacitors/diodes/whatevers that burn out and can't be replaced due to the design of the boards.

overdrive kit is very good.

scott

as the lights were never bright the problem is not burnt out LEDs but something in the circuitry

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks... I'll check all that!

The Leon doesn't have Led's yet, it's with one normal little lightbulb that gives light to the four lights!

I think I'll put cartix or so in the car!

Greetz

Gunther

·
Registered
446 Posts
I can fully recommend SCX Xenon lights and Overdrive light kits. I managed to fit an Overdrive light kit by myself to a Fly Lister Storm when I ws 12. SCX Xenon are superbly bright out of the box and are one of the best lights around. If you wanted a drastic change of lights to your SCX Leon, buy an Overdrive kit. I might be able to fit one, but IO'm not too sure considering I've only done one kit!

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I have the Spanish Scalextric Seat Toledo and that car is equipped with the standard "Xenon" lights from Scalextric Spain, and the difference is huge!

I'm sure I'm gonna put something like that in the Leon, because I could use some more light on it. I use is to race our 24 hours for touring cars with it. Our 24 hours last 45 mins! 24 real hours divided through 32 (from the scale) is perfectly 45 mins! Well we drive 22.5 mins in the dark, and the same time when the house lights are on! Those are allways very nice races, but I could use some more light!

I'll keep you posted on this subject!

Greetz

Gunther

1 - 6 of 6 Posts