SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Looking to invest in the two new Le Mans Miniature R10 and the Alpine. Great looking for sure.
Rumor has it they are not the greatest runners. Ones said to come with the Slot it parts are suppose to be better than the others without.
Would anyone be so kind and to share teir experiences with these slot cars please and how the can be tunned to match up with
their look.

Thanks inadvance

Michael

·
Phil Kalbfell
3,373 Posts
The bodies are very heavy, and the detail parts are usually fragile. Great detailed shelf queens that should be only driven, not raced.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I've got a few, 4 I can think of right now, and they all needed significant work to even turn a lap. My Matra is my quickest one, and after spending months of development and significant cost it should quick too. It is now between the pace of a good fly classic and a slot.it classic.
I would only get one if nobody else was making the body shape you're after, and if you do get one throw out the chassis and either make your own or fit a hrs, pcs, aftermarket chassis of some kind.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I think everyone has heard stories about the running capabilities of LMM cars. For what it is worth, I have never actually run one myself although I do own the Alpine A220. It is a lovely looking car. The paint is sharp, the details are lovely, but the chassis has one of those small FF motors. I can't imagine that would be conductive to good performance what with the lack of braking those are notorious for.
One of the guys I race with has run a few LMM cars in practice. He was able to get the Martini sponsored Porsche 935 scooting around the track pretty good. We race magnet free on latex painted wood.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi

I have a few LMM cars. I collect Le Mans cars and I only buy these (expensive) models when no other manufacturer provides a model. Generally they are poor performers, but with a very fine body work. I was wondering, if that would change with the Audi R18 since it is "powered by Slot.it".

BR
Niels

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Hi,

I have the Renault Alpine road car, clearly not one with slot-it parts. Performance out the box is disappointing considering the price but the detailing and finish is superb!!! I do run mine as I won't buy anything to be a shelf queen but it is much slower then modern scalextric cars, lap times similar to the old scalextric vectra (1st shape).

Matthew

1 - 6 of 6 Posts