SlotForum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have downloaded the pdf thing from slot its websiteand looked at the hrs mounting instructions. im probbably being thick or something , but how does the body come off of the chassis after you have mounted it????? it says use glue and i dont see how u are supposed to get the body off if u have a problem with the motor or axel or something????

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
it has like 4 prongs at the side with plugs on, glue the plugs to the inside of the body and then bend the body open to put in or remove the chassis

Rob.

·
Registered
458 Posts
aaahhhhhhhhhh.............. thanx i thought i was being thick.............

by the way does the chassis come with the motor mount? or do u have to buy that separately?

and while im here does anyone know where i can find a review of the chassis , it looks like it will be quick, would it be worth buying it then sticking all the proaxel parts , v12/2b motor then mounting it to a lightweight body (resin or something i think there called

·
Registered
979 Posts
Hi,

You can get the HRS starter kit from the likes of Getslotted and Pendle, it comes with chassis, mounts, motor mount (for an in-line motor set-up) and a magnet.

You can get a sidewinder motor mount, but that is sold seperately, this is the set-up I'm using for my current RX-7 project.

Anyhow, it's a great chassis and perfect for converting static kits or just upgrading existing slot cars. Nice work Slot-it!

What's the project your working on?

Good luck goose.

Mark

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
chassis comes with motor mount and guide.

you will need the pro axle, and depending on what motor you want.

also, I would recommend a proslot body they are plastic, but nice and thin.

lexan is a bit blobby and bubbly wont do the chassis justice.

Rob.

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Hi Iain,

I think that you will find Larry Shephard's article on building up the HRS chassis very informative. Click here.

Kind regards

Russell

·
Registered
458 Posts
i was going to build a custom car using the hrs chassis but will it run good??? it will be an expensive project............... i will look at the proslot bodies, do they do any old mini coopers??? the old mini is the greatest car of all time but the only old mini i managed to get my hands on was one i restored that i got as a body with no axels wheels or anything............... it was collecting dust in his attic so he gave it to me. pity the tyres are so old , coz the car wont do anything without some new tyres , do you know what would fit i used some wheels of an old scalextric metro.
come to think of it i got all the running gear off the metro , the body got broke.
i saw a nice body on fantasy world but i ccanr find it anymore , ile search on pendle for the proslot bodies

right i cant fin any proslot bodies so i was thinking an airfix kit or something like that....... i checked the airfix site and the revell site but no 1/32 kits 1/43 , 1/24 or 1/18 you can get does anyone know who does good kits to mount to the HRS?? getting the chassis together will cost £40 using:

ADJUSTABLE HRS CHASSIS c/w SIDE-WINDER MOUNT In Stock £13.00
SIPA01/50 3/32 DRILL BLANK AXLE 50mm LONG In Stock 1.50
SIPA10N 2x NICKEL ALLOY WHEELS WITH BLACK BBS INSERTS LTD STOCK 4.00
SIMN04 V12/2b 25,000rpm MOTOR FOR NINCO/PROSLOT IL In Stock 10.00
SIPSMX 1x10, 1x11, 1x12, 1x13 TOOTH BRASS PINION GEARS In Stock 3.50
SIGS06 SIDE WINDER GEAR 36 tooth (PROSLOT - 18mm) (PURPLE) In Stock 3.85
SIPA01/50 3/32 DRILL BLANK AXLE 50mm LONG In Stock 1.50
SIPA10N 2x NICKEL ALLOY WHEELS WITH BLACK BBS INSERTS LTD STOCK 4.00

total: £41.35

(copied from pendle slotracing)

i thought the sw option would be good , more weight over the back axel = mor traction (in theory)
but what body can i get for £5 , can this be done???

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
by the way , does anyone ecept me think that someone should do a wireless controller for scalextric sport..............
getting wires tangled is a major irritation grrrrrrrrrrrrr

·
Registered
714 Posts
The Slot.it chassis ends up very expensive when all the parts are added together.
I wonder if Slot.it would consider a complete kit at a more economical price?
At that level, a TSRF chassis kit could be a VERY nice alternative.

Wireless controllers would be a tremendous boon.
SCX used to make them, don't know if they still do.
Apparently rather short range and require a clear line of sight between controller and receiver.
I have never seen a review of these, only the faintest of gossip.
Has anyone direct experience?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i worked out that if i can get a body for £10 or less the complete car will cost me around £60 , it will be an expensive project but i have £25 already it will probbably take me about a month to save up....
but will it give me a realy fast car if i stick a 'H' magnet in instead of the 'C' , i would think it will run like a rocket compared to all my other cars....

(the £60 includes the allen key tyres 'H' magnet and body) hopefully it will run faster than anything else (well RTR cars anyway) and it would cost pretty much the same give or take £10 to mod the nascar and this way i can have a car that is custom built

·
Registered
714 Posts
QUOTE I think most people have decided not to think about how much stuff costs now
That's a bit wild, Inte!

Pretty well everyone I know cares about cost and I most certainly do!

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
yeah, I'll price a car, then well "some" spares and this and that and then you sort of forget about the price thing..

Rob.
p.s not having to pay anything to live atm I'm doin ok

·
Registered
458 Posts
by the way would an mmrc clubman ferrari 250 gto fit on the chassis , what does the magnetic suspension kit do and how would it affect performance , and should i use P2 soft slicks for tyres????

i do care about how much this will all cost but i have some xmas money left over and i get payed about £7 a week for mi paper round +£10 a month allowance (but i cant use that this month coz i have a magazine subscripton to pay for )
still give me a month to save up the rest of the money and ill build the car ill let u all know how it goes oh yeah and while im here i worked out that the total cost for everything will be £57.85 from pendle slotracing not including p&p

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
right. pendle dont have the clubman 250 body anymore so ill probbably use a proslot porsche gt3, but 1. will it take the 20mm tyres and 2. do i need the 50mm axel or the 54mm??? i have the money now and will order parts soon...

·
Alan Tadd
4,030 Posts
Iain

This is an awful lot of money for a young lad to spend on a slot car, are you sure it's what you want?.

I thought you were interested in building a Mini.

I've got loads of old bodyshells, chassis etc, I am more than happy to send you enough bits so that you can build at least one Clubman, they are not the worlds best car but at least you can put it together yourself and then perhaps progress to something more exotic as funds permit.

Drop me an email if you want them.

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
it doesent realy matter what bodyshell it has... supposedly the proslot bodies are thinner anyway. I worked out that i might as well go and do a car with the hrs because uy the time ive changed the motor, fitted the proaxel and all that i would of spent about £50 anyway (including car) so i might as well chuck in the extra £10 and get the hrs chassis....
anyway id probbably only spend the money on computer games or something like that, besides i got 4 leaflets this week which means that i will get payed mor next week probbably about £10-£13 sumthing like that. By the way when u say clubman do u mean the old scalextric clubman that had black wheels and that old nc2 sort of motor i think it says 111 on it somewhere? has a hole cut in the bottom and top?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts