SlotForum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Finally got the decals done on the hybrid.
Table Guitar accessory Liquid Eyewear Musical instrument accessory
Table Tire Tableware Desk Wood

Put a little rear end detail in as well.

Wood Gas Bumper Machine Motor vehicle

Runs well on my track. The mild motor is not as fast as the other CanAm cars, but that's OK since I don't run all of them on the fast track.
Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Looks good Chappy!

But, why they called it hybrid?

Cheers

·
Registered
8,120 Posts
Thanks, Kevan. Most kind of you and greatly appreciated on this dull, wet day in Herefordshire. I've often enjoyed daubing CanAm cars because of their body styling. Pencil and brush flow easily with the lines, while post 1966 F1 cars, for example, tend to be 'fussier' and require more effort.

My thanks again.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Lovely daubings as always, good sir.

To Kevan's point, I called it a hybrid because it has the front end of the P154 and the rear bodywork of the P167. This was accomplished via 3DP as noted early in the thread.

No self-respecting CanAm car would have a hybrid drivetrain. Although the electric motors do make the hybrids accelerate more like a slot car with the instant torque......

Among all the projects, I should finish the P154 and P167 so I have the full family running.

·
Registered
8,120 Posts
Thanks, Kevan. Most kind of you. As I've commented previously, CanAm cars lend themselves so well and easily to the craft of the dauber. The body lines really do just flow, and it's odd to feel that I can hear and sense the thunder from the cars as daubing progresses.

My thanks to you again.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts