SlotForum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel old! My five year old son has offered to let me beat him if I let him race me at Scalextric

I may as well give up now……

Mark

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I fully understand the problem. Last time I was playing with my boys the 8yo was fun - both trying for consistency so I could just keep ahead without too much trouble.

The 2&1/2 yo having sat & watched us for a couple of days decided it was finally his go & over 3-6 laps neither of us could touch him.

Luckily if you can just get close enough he forgets which car he's driving & stacks.

ok - it's not so good for my cars but at least the little bugger doesn't beat me!!

·
Registered
469 Posts
My 15-year-old daughter flogged me mercilessly in a series of 'best out of three?' 'er, okay best out of five then?' about twelve months back then promptly retired undefeated. She brings it up now and then.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Guys I know this isn't directly slot related but it IS the kid that was kicking my arse on the track unless I cheated..

Why I am a good influence on my Stepson. Luke being he and David being me..

(Scene) Luke has decided to do the old "test of strength" a-la the wrestling. Interlocked fingers & is trying to bend my hands backward. After trying all sorts of ways to use his bodyweight to bend my wrists he starts to loose...

Luke : David - better be careful not to hurt me or you'll be in trouble.
David : Who will I be in trouble with Luke?
Luke : YOU!!

I start giggling & get distracted - Luke wins the "test of strength" & saunters off laughing like a drain..

I've been outplayed outfoxed and totally beaten by a 2 year old!!!

Then of course I had to tell everyone.. THAT'S MY BOY!!!!

·
Rob
3,430 Posts
QUOTE I start giggling & get distracted - Luke wins the "test of strength" & saunters off laughing like a drain..

I've been outplayed outfoxed and totally beaten by a 2 year old!!!

The only comment / advice that springs to mind is - get used to it!!

My daughters are 4 and 18months and regularly baffle, confuse and delight! outplayed, outfoxed and totally beaten is Daddy's role in life!

Rob

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
If it helps can I just say that this is becoming our experience at our club. at the highest level of racing too. This season `Flying Ads` has improved his game and now looks set to become our P1 Racer for the 2004 season. I think I`m correct in saying he is thirteen years old.

Keep an eye out for this flying Scot in the Karting arena where he has already made a huge impact. He is now followed by two other Junior Phoenix racers , `The Wee Man` and `Smokin Joe`.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts