SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Gregory Petrolati
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title states I ordered and received 2 castings from George Turner a Maseratti 300S and a McLaren M1A. Both are fabulous castings very light quite strong and worth every penny.

I'm no stranger to scratch building... The Maser will be built with a brass rail/Slotit motor pod... a great solution to something that will look really trick and once set up will run like "bloody clappers". I've got a question as to how to proceed with the McLaren. Should I go with the supplied resin chassis components... or try to make up something on my own? Is there anyone who can tell me how the car runs with the stock chassis compared to other cars in this class. If anyone has made up their own chassis how did you proceed? I own very few "shelf queens" (usually cars I just don't enjoy or can't get to run well enough but don't have the will to get rid of). I want the McLaren to be a good runner... one that I would be competitive.

I've only had one resin chassis cars, a Slot Classic Morgan which took a LOT of work to get it to run as well as it does.

Greenman62

·
Gregory Petrolati
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE Scratcbuild.

--------------------
BWA(Best Wheels Available)

bwaslotcars.com

Right Al... Know where I can get some wheels and inserts? (just ask'n)

Greenman

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.