SlotForum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Seems to me like you and Moped come from the same mold, anyone want to step into a similar role for Ninco, Fly et al?

Funny reading - cheers.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Still waging the 'my toys are better than your toys' campaign on other forums! It's appreciated that you have toned it down here

·
Registered
916 Posts
Darainbow,
Don't let Moped's threats slow you down. Is your information 100% objective probably not. But unless we found some testers that had never seen a slot car and had them evaluate each digital system and report there findings. No information will be 100% objective. I wonder how a few more amps can be responsible for a trip to the emergency room? I guess every slot car track owner who has an upgraded power supply is endangering the lives of kids.

Brian

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
Actually, letting kids get the idea slt cars can be dangerous would be the number one way to increase street cred and sales.

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
darainbow,
I read the whole thread...you sounded pretty straightforward and consistent in your examination, your content and your reasoning. Meanwhile, your antagonist...sounded like he had a bone to pick with you. My honest sense was that you could take his complaints about you and apply them to him instead. I hate when that happens *grin*

keep your chin up
John

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Well I'm a little suprised at all that (understatement). I thought your stuff was kinda interesting. You're saving me some shoe leather by keeping up with what's happening with the 'big three' or four.

I'm in Australia so often the best way to keep up with things is via stuff like your "review" thingy to use as a start point when chasing ideas. I've found the whole forum useful like this as I like to 'keep up with the joneses' as people do - particularly with information.

I've noticed the occasional leaning toward Carrera (I think
) in your posts & think that's perfectly reasonable - after all everyone is best able to talk about the subject they're most familiar with or refer things back to the most solidly known aren't they?

What I haven't noticed is you running up one product while beating down upon the others as I have noticed your protagonist doing repeatedly in various forums.. odd that..

My personal preference in all things scaley is scaley as it's the track I grew up with. I'm waiting a while to see if Digital becomes more than a fad (and waiting to buy the new house with more room - coming this year fingers crossed) and let the teething problems like this overloading thingy get sorted before I plunge, so please keep up the good work!

Actually I was using "other" powerpacks from the time I was four as my Dad & Uncle weren't happy with the performance of the standard transformer. I'm now 40.. 'nuff said!

Cheers,
David.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Moped should bugger off and let people express an opinion.

Darainbow, don't worry about people like this. He is obviously a Scalextric lover and it annoys me that people like this peddle their propaganda under the guise of 'helping' others.

Forums like this are outlets of information, opinion and objectivness. Express an opinion but dont call people spys when they disagree.

Moped - take a chill pill, stop flogging off over Hornby and let people tell their stories/opinions without fear of people like you jumping all over them.

Difference of opinion, good hearted jibes and digs are fine. Obsessive compulsive is not.

Dave

·
Alan Paterson
835 Posts
Chris,

Ditto here, chill, and carry on with your Carrera Developments and reports. There MUST be someone in this whole wide world who is like minded as you and I, but favours SSD, and SCX, and you know what, even Ninco, although he doesn't know it yet...

The point is, you made very valid points of all three systems, the comparison chart did what it was supposed to do, and so what if you DID lean a little the Carrera way, why bloody not. The track system in essence is better than all the other tracks anway, and, for those that are technically minded, if you prefer the Ninco Digital system when it comes out, there's nothing stopping anyone doing a "hybrid" scratchbuild of one system into another..

I'm a HUGE fan of Carrera, but purely because the track system supports 1/32 AND 1/24 scale cars.. The controllers might be a little iffy, and I intend to scratch building my opwn out of Ninco Grips and PC Boards, that's not the point. The point is, you didn't knock one for the other, so, don't let the other guys get to you, and just keep on going...

I will hopefully have my PRO X stuff in a few days or so, and will be able to continue my personal setup (Kyalami in the tracks Forum), and, similar to Darainbow, I too intend doing some big changes and mods, which I'll also post on the site as they happen. These Websites are offering other enthusiasts, the opportunity to make an informed decision on what they intend to invest in later on.

Regards

Big Al

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
You'll never change Moped...

I tried, you've tried, we've all tried, but he's still as irritating as ever.

I stopped reading after a while because I realised "I've read this all before".

I suggest they do whatever we did to get rid of him.

Andy

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for your support everyone. I'm not sure if he lacks reasoning skills or if he is doing it intentionally to get rid of me. My guess is the former. Anyway, he seems to have been banned here.

·
Registered
87 Posts
QUOTE (darainbow @ 19 Jan 2005, 20:28)Am I corrupting innocent youths? Am I a German spy? You decide.

HRW Thread
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well all I can see is that the guy ask's about a SSD power supply issue and 20 mins later you dive in and your first opening comments are:-

QUOTE "Richard,

I have tested the Pro-X system with variable aftermarket power and it works in a range of about 12-20V. The Pro-X system applies full DC power directly to the rails. Also, the stock supply is rated at 15-17V, so using the system in the 16-20V range is not a stretch. I usually run at 16V."

Yes folks you've guessed it, more stuff about Pro-X.

HE'S NOT ASKING ABOUT PRO-X!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When you do eventually get round to the subject of SSD power all you seem to do is give a list of Vague approximations and negative "hearsay" about a piece of equipment you do not have!

My point is that the question is obviously targeted at somebody else who also owns the SSD system and would be better answered by them. I think what really irritates Moped and people like myself is your repeated behavior of Hijacking SSD related threads by "waffling" on about the apparent benefits of Pro-X whilst not appearing to have 1 good word to say about a system that YOU DO NOT OWN.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
WHY IS EVERYONE SHOUTING???????

WAIT, A SEC.... IT'S NOT EVERYONE, IT'S JUST OILSLICK!!!!!

Calm down.

I have found that while both maybe talk a little bit too much about their favourite brand. Drainbow is pretty helpful when it comes to MCPL systems in general. Moped was never helpful at all. I'm also pretty sure that I've never clocked Drainbow in bull**** mode, like I'm afraid Moped always had to be in.

Anyway... I think everybody should just chill a bit... This isn't even our problem, it's HomeRacingWorld's. So let it stay there...

And just when I thought we were rid of the Mop...

Andy

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oilslick,

Here was a hobbyist interested in running cars at 19V and unsatisfied with the performance of SSD. I gave him all the relevant information that I have regarding running digital systems at higher voltage.

If someone is not happy with "product A", there is nothing wrong with suggesting "product B". I also suggested he not hook his battery directly to the SSD which is good advice given what we know.

If I were in his shoes, I would be happy for the information as he seemed to be. Unfortunately, this is a "politically charged" subject and it is difficult to give advice without being attacked.

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
QUOTE Unfortunately, this is a "politically charged" subject and it is difficult to give advice without being attacked.

Exactly Darainbow, given that this is getting to be heated thread on a subject not even on this Forum, maybe it is time to lock this thread before it gets to the seemingly inevitable 'nasty/personal' stage?

Any point in this thread has long since been got across so...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.