SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finaly I worked out how (I hope) to get Pit pro into my small layout. The answer is to lead the pit lane round the inside of an R2 curve to and then exit. Cutting more single straight from a standard straight is becomming childs play. Simply hot melt glue either side of the centre spine then cut straight down with the aid of a straight edge, Showed the black both sides of the cut, straight down the middle of the spine YES! Cutting the R1 free hand along a drawn line not really a problem, However just my luck the tabs are wrong. I had to open the slot in the R1 to take the wide tab of the pit lane exit. Not too hard. I needed to give some guide for the new big tab. To do this i used a bit of PVC tape to stop the glue flowing into the tab area and then added lots of hot melt. All works. Now just have to wait for the Pit Pro (its on its way Thanls Ricko Rocket) and time to set it up.

PS Any idea what to do with 90 degrees of single inner lane R1 ;-).

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I can say Pit Pro is not under rated!. First go last night. It make a stunning diffrence. The key issues for us were.:-
The fuel display with its 6 levels is much eisier to use than trying to focus on the Lap top screen to see where the fuel level is. The audible warning on SSDC still seems to be not quite as audible as I would like! The difference of Pit Pro means that we were tempted for the first time to use the SSDC fuel load simulation (small track so 70% power which is noticeable but not show stopping).

Having the pit out sensor is great as you get full power before leaving the pit lane so no dead spotting on the pit out and much safer exit of the pit in traffic. We did find that we needed a 1/2 straight after the pit entry to get the car to be picked up reliably by the entry sensor. Also on our track its a shame the auto brake period is not extandable as it did not quite have enough to slow the car fully to pit speed fasyt enough on our short lane. However as it stands Pit Pro adds far more than I expected to the experience. By making fuel data more accessible and pit exiting smoother and safer, fuel strategy planning becomes practical and adds to the complex puzzle which is driving and manageing a racee team of driver and pit crew.

Now if only somebody could make a way of tyres degrading grip with time , wetting the track for rain simulation , then we will be in scaley Nervarna ;-). Big thanks to Riko Rocket for the speedy dispatch and Andy wallace as ever for supporting all these add on bits. Trouble is for Andy we take it all for granted!. Using wireless throttles is not now seen as and advance, just the way it is and wired are almost inconcievable.

I will see if I can get some pics tonite of the track bits.

Richard TB, I will look what postage is and you can have them for that!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Finaly got the pic of the split track. Shows the hot melt on the Straight track before I split it with a knife and the R1's after splitting. Hot mely applied after splitting as no central spine.
Slit track photo

Hope this helps. Note my suggestion is use a disposable blade knife with a fresh edge as it will blunt quick.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts