SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spot the difference

I'll need a quicker motor though, and I'm not sure if doubled up T chassis motor magnets will successfully double as traction magnets, worth trying for a laugh though

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SPRINT MODIFIED: Only one rule: The base chassis must be intended for HO/1:64th use.

So it should be fine, whether it lives with the other guys is a different question

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
QUOTE (pasiro @ 12 Jan 2012, 13:15) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>SPRINT MODIFIED: Only one rule: The base chassis must be intended for HO/1:64th use.

So it should be fine, whether it lives with the other guys is a different question
That's a pretty open set of rules there! Nothing on upgrading armatures, gearing, motor mags etc?

And if the base chassis is intended for HO then the hobby chassis must be allowed in as well. You should borrow one of the pro mod boys old cars and clean up!

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (Gareth @ 12 Jan 2012, 14:13) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That's a pretty open set of rules there! Nothing on upgrading armatures, gearing, motor mags etc?

And if the base chassis is intended for HO then the hobby chassis must be allowed in as well. You should borrow one of the pro mod boys old cars and clean up!

Very open but there again it's only a fun class, we only get 3 laps per meeting. We're only really limited by the 1amp, 18 v power supply

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
QUOTE (pasiro @ 12 Jan 2012, 14:17) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Very open but there again it's only a fun class, we only get 3 laps per meeting. We're only really limited by the 1amp, 18 v power supply

How long will an Estes rocket motor last? Couple of them strapped to a rolling chassis with skinny wheels and HUGE neo magnets.
Should get you round for 3 laps and you could do it as a model of Thrust 2 or something!!

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
QUOTE (montoya1 @ 12 Jan 2012, 22:44) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The CHORC sprint cars average 300ips Gareth, another reason their guys should get out more.
As an unlimited class I'm really not surprised. I was chatting to Robin last night about how fast WHO Mod has become and he was saying if people wanted it we could perhaps look at mass produced hot arms next year which means we're going to be running toy chassis pro mods!

QUOTE (montoya1 @ 12 Jan 2012, 22:44) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>They have 3/4 guys who would give the established order at nationals a fright or two:(
You could ask them really nicely. Then they might come. Or flatter them as you did in this post!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.