SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey racers!

im back! and its been a hell of a long while!

been busy overseas been busy with uni, been busy with that sometimes annoying thing called later teenage life

but here it is! THE IACON RACE CURCUIT.

since its been like almost a year since i posted last most of you prob wont remember me so here are some gap fillers

turned 20 back in august im from sydney, maltese & italian background so that will explaint he flags on the track lol
im also a huge transformer fan, the track is named after a city on the transformer homeworld. so that will explain why there are transformer signs in a pic or two. also threw in a sydney fc (SOCCER) team logo and sydney swans team logo (AFL) soccer and aussie rules football to of my other passions so that corner with the team logos is named "The Cove" primarily as a nod to the north end of the Sydney Football Stadium where the diehard sydney fc supports go to watch the games.

hope you all enjoy the pics here is the link

http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/ff225/g...=IMGP0543-1.jpg

more to come eventually, hopefuly not as long time to wait

started the project back in january didnt finish building the table and laying the carpet and track until april since then been too busy to even play with it

ciao ciao

comments most welcome aswell as suggestions please

cheers

·
Premium Member
2,117 Posts
Hi Adriano and welcome back to the forum. I must have joined since you were last here so it's good to see how you are getting on. I was interested to see you have Italian roots. Bit of a Ferrari and Lamborghini fan, are we? You will be interested in the review I am writing on the two cars you have there, to be published shortly. Here is a preview photo taken on my desk.

Congratulations on the start of the track. Let's hope you get a bit more time to work on it. Keep those photos coming.

You mentioned suggestions. Mine is to cut out the carpet and raise it up to the track level with cardboard or something. Also, you have my pet hate there...esses with more than two bends. It works for real but not on a slot track.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey guys

thanks for the comments

thanx Graham for the suggestions, i dont think il be changing much of the track layout. me n dad came to this track design based on space and simplicity, if you notice all my turns are R2, with limited space and a strict weight restriction because we have this table suspended from our ceiling wen its stored, we just went for pure fun rather than a track that requires the tractics and skill that some more advanced tracks have with several different radius turns and on top of that most the people we come ask to play on it are beginers anyways so yeah. as for the esses they are definantly here to stay, we get some tight racing going through those n we love it!. haha

more pics will come soon, now that im on uni holidays and workin part time i have cash and time ooooh yeah

keep the comments coming please.

i final quick question, im thinking of adding barriers around the rest of the track not sure if its worth it though, not the ones i have there now, i wont be putting anymore of those instead im opting for the ones that attatch directly to the track, will it look odd to have a mix of the different style of barriers, coz im after that sort of narrow street curcuit look. any opinions as to also a cheaper alternative to making my own barriers for the long straights especialy, just to save a bit of money really, it can get rather expensive buying fences.

cheers

·
Premium Member
2,117 Posts
Glad you found my comments useful. Take 'em or leave 'em, that's what their there for! I have used a mixture of barriers around my track. The main wall is 17cm high and stops just about everything from landing on the floor. I have just bought a whole load of Scalex plastic barriers and a set of the new rubber tyre walls to go round the outside of most of the corners and stop cars hitting trees, etc. Then there is also a bit of solid wood barrier along the main straight and spectator car park which I will be drilling and adding catch fencing to. The division between the pit lane and the circuit is made out of plastic trunking cover, cut up on a bandsaw. This will have adverts stuck along it. The front of the grandstands also make up part of the wall along the main straight.

So you see, a mixture is good. It adds interest and is exactly what you find on a full-size circuit. Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.