SlotForum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
DT
5,195 Posts
We have recently seen the Scaleauto catalogue and proposed products for 2012, but here are photos from the fair. Some interesting pre-production sampled, development moulds and other items. Full details to follow and I'll split up the topic into the brands to make it easier to comment.

·
Circuit Owner
5,925 Posts

·
Circuit Owner
5,925 Posts
Not a Merc 540K unless it's an obscure special - the tail is wrong, and Merc never faired-in the front wheels as far as I know. Lights in front wheel arches did feature in the 1937 540k but only the rear wheels were enclosed. It's just not elegant and flowing enough for the 540K as far as I can see.

·
Premium Member
4,797 Posts
QUOTE (Mr Modifier @ 2 Feb 2012, 19:01) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Not a Merc 540K unless it's an obscure special - the tail is wrong, and Merc never faired-in the front wheels as far as I know. Lights in front wheel arches did feature in the 1937 540k but only the rear wheels were enclosed. It's just not elegant and flowing enough for the 540K as far as I can see.

I think it's this one: W29 built for King Ghazi I with coachwork by Erdmann & Rossi

Top Slot does quite a range of 540ks - check out Pendle's where they're £140 apiece!

·
Registered
291 Posts
QUOTE (Flange @ 2 Feb 2012, 19:14) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Zonda and saleen look great chassis designs nice and flat!

Did IBB acquire the MB Slot Pagani body molds? Looks remarkably similiar.

Nice to see a Saleen S7R that might be competitive and tunable.
Not familiar with the ArrowSlot brand name. Someone new?

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
QUOTE (joe lister @ 3 Feb 2012, 07:21) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Did IBB acquire the MB Slot Pagani body molds? Looks remarkably similiar.
Given that they are modelling the same car, should the similarity be a surprise?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts