SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since BAR are doing so well at this early stage of the 2004 F1 season,I thought I would post my Scalextric McLaren that I turned into the BAR 2002.

I created the decals in Corel Draw,and printed them out on my Alps printer.

I make decals for the helmets,safety harness,and the Bridgestone Potenza as well.I also added the telemetry antennas as well.

I will be doing the BAR 2004 livery with Button and Sato helmet decals,and the Michelin decals for the tires.I thought I would use the Scalextric Renault.

Iceman

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, from Barcelona !!

Great job. Fantástico.
I like the two youngest pilots, Button & Alonso.
Maybe you'll can use the Jordan F1 Ninco as model for the BAR 2004.
Can I obtain a set of decals as yours?
Greetings,
JC

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Send me an email when the 2004 decals are prepared Iceman. One set for me please!

We should post pics of our Volvos too, mine will go on the finishing block end of this week, maybe start of next. Then it is decal time for my Renault - WHEN I FIND THE DAMN THINGS!

I 'stored' them safely at Swiss Race Bahn, along with tropi's and joerg's sets. Now they are refusing to come out and play.

As a quick aside - Suzuka now has timing software installed, Joerg and Thomas have been getting laptimes down to the 9 - 10 second mark with 1/32 scale mag cars. Forget the times with 1/24 no mag but I am sure Thomas remembers?....

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Swiss and Thomas,

Swiss,if you can not find the Renault decals,please let me know,and I will send you another set.
Thomas,I have not started the Volvo,but that will be my next project to do.

Iceman

·
Registered
514 Posts
Thanks for the kind words. It's really appreciated.

Maltese, unfortunately I'm not really sure about how much time it took since I just picked it up whenever I had some spare time...
The time consuming part was rubbing down the original paint, and the sanding in between the coats. I usually divided my attention between the tv and the sanding, and it still turned out well

I also used a few hours getting the decals in place, but this is because I don't have a lot of experience with such things...

Clearly Iceman should have a site for his decals. In addition to these I've used his Mild Seven decals for another Renault, and both sets have been excellent.

André

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi, I'm new in this forum, and as a F1 enthusiast I'm amazed with your work (both). I am the webmaster o f1-32, a website dedicated to de world of F1 at slot level. I wish you'd be maybe interested writing an article with photos of your work to hold in the web.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts