SlotForum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our club has just started a new race series.We are racing the Monogram Corvettes and Daytona Coupes.We are not using the stock motor.We are using the Ninco NC-1 motor.No magnets,lead weight added.Stock tires,wheels,and running gear.These cars are very fun to drive like this.

I painted the Scuderia Filipinetti Daytona Coupe.

Iceman

·
Jim Moyes
5,043 Posts
That looks great, Iceman!

How does the NC1 affect the performance?

Mr.M

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mr Material UK,

The cars are fairly slow,but very predictable to drive.We have some very close,competitive,fun races.
If you are having a close race,and make a small error,you have to work hard to make up for lost time.
I truly enjoy the cars at what might be more at "scale speed",than with how they come stock, with heavy downforce magnets,and breath taking speed.
In saying that,I also enjoy F1 classes with a more downforce
magnet.

Iceman

·
Registered
79 Posts
Man that looks great!
Where did you get the decals?

I have a CNC chassis I'm planning on putting under mine.
I've been draging my feet because I haven't figured out how I wanted to paint it.

Suddenly I feel inspired
Derek

Our club has just started a new race series.We are racing the Monogram Corvettes and Daytona Coupes.We are not using the stock motor.We are using the Ninco NC-1 motor.No magnets,lead weight added.Stock tires,wheels,and running gear.These cars are very fun to drive like this.

I painted the Scuderia Filipinetti Daytona Coupe.

Iceman

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
derek,

I made the decals myself,using Corel Draw 12 to do the artwork,and an Alps printer to print the decals onto waterslide decal paper.

Iceman

·
Jim Moyes
5,043 Posts
QUOTE (Iceman @ 18 Oct 2004, 00:40)Mr Material UK,

The cars are fairly slow,but very predictable to drive.We have some very close,competitive,fun races.
I truly enjoy the cars at what might be more at "scale speed",than with how they come stock, with heavy downforce magnets,and breath taking speed.
Iceman
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think I'm going to have to try that motor swap, Iceman, as they sound much better in that setup. I just thought it was the gearing that caused the majority of the problem. You said you retained the stock running gear, so I assume that includes ratios? Most cars with NC1s are a joy to drive/race!

Mr.M

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mr M,
Yes,the gears are stock.

I to,really enjoy the Ninco NC-1 motor.The NC-1 motor is a direct snap in,so that sure made it an easy motor swap.
I have included a picture of our chassis with the NC-1 motor,and the placement of the lead weight.

Iceman

·
Registered
321 Posts
Wow, extraordinary Iceman!
That's a beautiful paint job and I always loved the shape of the Daytona Coupes. Aggressive and beautiful. They always look like they mean business.

Thanks for sharing the picture. Sounds like a fun race series.

Mike

·
Registered
195 Posts
QUOTE (Iceman @ 18 Oct 2004, 03:56)derek,

I made the decals myself,using Corel Draw 12 to do the artwork,and an Alps printer to print the decals onto waterslide decal paper.

Iceman
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You have plans to make them available? The Scuderia filipinetti it's one of the trends in my collection and to make them S&B it's okay for me.

·
Jamie Coles
515 Posts
Iceman - congrats on a great finish.
Would you care to share with us novices how you get from the blue box standard to the colour scheme you have now?

If it helps to use step by step photos I'll gladly supply a box standard car for you to work with...... then either add it to my collection or let people know the ebay item number!!

J-c

PS - it WILL be the former!!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
j-c,
Here in the USA,Monogram sells a disassembled white body kit,includes everything but the motor and chassis,for approximately $13.00 US.I used the #13 car,for the chassis,and the wheels were already white.

I have purchased a bead/sand plaster that works with my compressor,and works well to remove tampo and paint from bodies that I want to paint.

j-c,I can help with paint and decals,email me off line email:[email protected]

The decals are for sale.

Iceman

1 - 13 of 13 Posts