SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before any of you start to get ideas about the expected level of detail in my work-in-pogress scalex layout, I have to come clean and admit that I didn't build this! I inherited this train layout from my father.

Its 16 ft long by about 6 ft deep and as I wasn't convinced I had the room to accommodate it, I put together a webpage to advertise it for sale. In the end I decided to keep and I was about to delete the webpage when I thought that it might be of interest to some of the keen scenery modellers on this forum. It's probably a bit off topic really so apologies to the moderators if it's not appropriate.

The webpage can be found here; Schöndorf

Mark

· Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We can try Gunther! I must admit that it has inspired me to try something similar for my Scalex but perhaps not with quite as much of all that fragile detail - a deslotted car does a bit more damage than a derailed train!

One thing that doesn't really come out in the photos but could carry across to Scalex is all the lighting. All the buildings are illuminated (including the 'phone box) and most of the cars have front and rear lights (the lorry unloading has working hazard lights). When you add in all the working street lamps it looks really great in the dark. One of the sheds has a light inside that is designed to flicker in a way that looks exactly like welding - I am sure that would look great flickering away in the back of a pit garage on a scalex layout!

Scooby, the last two photos on that webpage are of the layout in its current location; my office. It was the only room that could accommodate it. It actually makes for a great stress reliever and it's running in the background as I type. And I am keeping it - it's no longer for sale!

Thanks for the feedback gentlemen, glad it's of interest.

Mark

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.