SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Brian Ferguson
4,318 Posts
Mark, not off-topic at all, IMO. As Astro said, it is inspiring, and so much of it can be applied to slot track detailing. Your father was definitely an artist. I particularly like his rock work, the lake/pond, and the way some details (fencing, for example) are done imperfectly (by intention) to look more realistic (a common mistake made by many slot track builders is to make everything too perfect).

I will never reach detail like that on my track, but I do intend to get as close as I can. So, yes, thanks for sharing those pics!

· Brian Ferguson
4,318 Posts
QUOTE However I just don't think it needs to be this well done for a slot car track

I basically agree with you Rich. Deslotted cars can wreak havoc on scenery. But often, there are places on a slot track where detailed efforts are not likely to be affected, especially on larger tracks where there is ample room for protected scenery areas. Also, if the track is primarily used by one person merely to enjoy running the cars then there is less chance of major destruction.

But, yes, there is a good reason you won't find much scenery on most commercial and club tracks! There are far too many people who drive like me!

Regardless, though, every time I see this sort of work I envision little details that I could add to a track.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.